How can I force stop of running apps? (Besides going to the app section, going into an app's settings, and choosing "Force stop"...that's way too many steps)

I used to use a LG G Vista 2 from AT&T that had a Usage Manager function that would let you, with one click, stop all apps from running. I don't find any function like that on my LG Stylo 2 Plus from MetroPCS.

I have purchased the Advanced Task Killer Pro...using the "boost" function, but it doesn't Kill any running apps. I want to be able to quickly stop music playing, or my Audible app, or keep the background clear to extend my battery life.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    02-14-2017 01:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's not necessary with modern Android, and doing so can actually impact your performance and battery life. Android is designed to manage its RAM itself. If you switch out of an app, that app will be paused in the background, but remain in RAM (in case you want to switch back soon). If RAM is needed for a different app, the system will decide which app to close to make room.

The bottom line is: Avoid all task killer, memory cleaner, and memory booster apps. Only kill an app if it's misbehaving (i.e., hogging too much battery or causing the system to bog down), and if it does so consistently, it ought to be uninstalled.
    02-14-2017 10:23 PM