My stylo 2 has a white square box that appeared out of nowhere and I need to get rid of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry -- you had 3 posts with the same question, and one of the two I deleted as a duplicate happened to have the screenshot. Would you mind posting the screenshot again in this thread?

Richard Haythorne1

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Thats pretty crazy looking! Congrats to the jerk who put that on ya... interesting.... its apparently a png file or a json.gif....its very prevelent right now for people to b getting these...es file explorer..then long press on offending file..most likely in the Internal storage....copy..rename...to the cloud or sd card where it can b deleted w ease

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you tap or long-press that icon? Does it only show up on one of your homescreens, or does it stay visible as you swipe from homescreen to homescreen?

Crayznae

May 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes it stays visible and when I press it,it turns blue, I can move it all over the screen, but I can not, Remove...??? And now my Sd card keeps unmounting ?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems that you're using Clean Master, right? If so, disable it temporarily, restart the phone and see if the icon is still there. This app likes pushing floating icons and other weird things on the screen. My personal recommendation, uninstall it :)

Crayznae

May 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you , trying to help me but I don't think that I'm gonna get rid of it! I tried what you suggested but no such luck! But if you have any other suggestions I be glad to hear them... ☺

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try a couple of things. I've never used that model but I imagine the settings should be similar.

- Check your running apps and see if there's something unusual on that list. After Marshmallow this option can be found in the developer options.

- See which apps have 'draw over other apps' permission. Try in settings - apps - cog icon - draw over other apps - apps with permission.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Pulse SMS installed? I just noticed that Pulse uses the same or similar icon that looks like a reversed SMS icon.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have ES File Explorer installed? That is another app that has a habit of popping up weird and unasked for stuff.