Ive reset the phone, tried turning off google assistant...but it keeps on going! It just started a week ago out of the blue.
    06-16-2020 10:03 PM
    06-16-2020 10:13 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Are you using the stock launcher or a custom one? Does it also happens when you are using an app or only on your home screen?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-16-2020 10:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This has been asked a number of times before. See this thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ml#post6582248
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-16-2020 11:02 PM
    Can you please tell me what this is and how to stop it..its driving me crazy! Started about a week ago..i tried turning off google assistant..then factory reset...with no resolveBeeping, expanding white circle lighting over home button. I've tried many things with no resolve.-screenshot_2020-06-17-01-52-31.jpeg

Hi...its on any screen..i just happen to get a screenshot of it on my home screen...which was hard to do!

Hi..ty..i did
    06-17-2020 12:57 AM
    [Merged duplicate threads]
    06-17-2020 01:03 AM
    Can you please tell me what this is and how to stop it..its driving me crazy! Started about a week ago..i tried turning off google assistant..then factory reset...with no resolveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-17-01-52-31.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	321608
    Hi thanks for the screen shot !

Do you use any 3rd party launcher ?

Have you tried safe mode ?
    06-17-2020 01:05 AM
    Have you installed any new apps just before this occurred? Safe mode would test to see if it is caused by a third party app.

The process for turning on Safe mode is as follows:

Press and hold the Power button.

Tap and hold Power off.

When the Reboot to safe modeprompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Your device will then restart and it will say “Safe mode” in the bottom-left corner.
    06-17-2020 02:51 AM
    Can you please tell me what this is and how to stop it..its driving me crazy! Started about a week ago..i tried turning off google
    Did you already look at the thread I linked above? A person in that thread suggested going to Settings>Display>Blink LED and turning that off.
    06-17-2020 09:40 AM
    Hi...yes..ty..i did the blink off thing..dw...i also read that article ...i was just hoping that maybe there was something I could do myself rather than sending it away..do you think we were speaking of the same problem?? They said 'glowing'..i think it began after i downloaded a new app but i cant remember which one..ill try the safe mode thing next and see what happens..thank you
    06-17-2020 09:05 PM
    Ive turned my volume off in the mean time..and i also had to silence the vibrate as well...if that gives you any clues!
    06-17-2020 09:08 PM
    Hi...yes..ty..i did the blink off thing..dw...i also read that article ...i was just hoping that maybe there was something I could do myself rather than sending it away..do you think we were speaking of the same problem?? They said 'glowing'..i think it began after i downloaded a new app but i cant remember which one..ill try the safe mode thing next and see what happens..thank you
    It's the exact same issue -- the screenshots in that other thread show the exact same thing near the Home button. It's possible the person who supplied the solution in that thread was thinking of something else, but it would be odd since there were screenshots showing what the problem was.

So with the Blink LED option off, you still see the circle? What happens if you long-press it, or swipe up from it?

The OP of that thread says it's the same thing that shows up when you plug the phone into a charger -- this suggests it could also be a problem with the USB port. Are you having any issues with the USB connection, either with charging or with connection to a PC?
    06-17-2020 09:54 PM
    BTW, there's a long thread about it here: https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussio...g-circle-pulse
    06-17-2020 09:58 PM
    Let us know if it's ok in safe mode
    06-17-2020 09:58 PM
    Hi...just wanted to let you know that the safe mode has worked so far...i didnt do anything else just turned it on for a few minutes...then back off again. As soon as i turned sm on it disappeared...ty hope it stays off! Thanks for your help!
    mustang7757 and Javier P like this.
    06-19-2020 02:28 PM
    Hi...just wanted to let you know that the safe mode has worked so far...i didnt do anything else just turned it on for a few minutes...then back off again. As soon as i turned sm on it disappeared...ty hope it stays off! Thanks for your help!
    Thanks for updating us , sometimes going in and out of safe mode fixes little issues like this .
    06-19-2020 02:31 PM
    Excellent news. If the same issue comes back try to find which app you used the last or which one started on its own in the background.
    06-19-2020 02:44 PM
    It's amazing that I still haven't been able to find a definitive explanation for this "feature" from LG.
    06-19-2020 04:50 PM
    Hi me again....so its back...was there anything specific i was supposed to do in safe mode....sorry to bother u again
    06-19-2020 06:38 PM
    Oh okay last added apps i did?...ia there a way to see a download order?
    06-19-2020 06:39 PM
    Hi me again....so its back...was there anything specific i was supposed to do in safe mode....sorry to bother u again
    Go to the Play Store - My apps & games - Installed - tap 'Last Updated' and change it to 'Last Used'. Which apps are listed there? Do you see any app that you didn't open recently?
    06-19-2020 06:39 PM
    Oh you know whay i just realized the charger i used to charge the phone with after i was done looking at in the safe mode...thats the only thing i did was plug it in...and now its back
    06-19-2020 06:42 PM
    I think ill buy a metro pcs charger...bc this one i think was bought somewhere else like a convenience store...we loose them alot!
    06-19-2020 06:45 PM
    I think ill buy a metro pcs charger...bc this one i think was bought somewhere else like a convenience store...we loose them alot!
    You know, you made me think of something, do you see this circle when you initially plug in a charger? Possible cable or charger is bad maybe clean the phone charger port.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-19-2020 08:32 PM