Beeping, expanding white circle lighting over home button. I've tried many things with no resolve.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Are you using the stock launcher or a custom one? Does it also happens when you are using an app or only on your home screen?

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
Can you please tell me what this is and how to stop it..its driving me crazy! Started about a week ago..i tried turning off google assistant..then factory reset...with no resolveScreenshot_2020-06-17-01-52-31.jpeg

Hi...its on any screen..i just happen to get a screenshot of it on my home screen...which was hard to do!

Hi..ty..i did

Last edited by a moderator:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Have you installed any new apps just before this occurred? Safe mode would test to see if it is caused by a third party app.

The process for turning on Safe mode is as follows:

Press and hold the Power button.

Tap and hold Power off.

When the Reboot to safe modeprompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Your device will then restart and it will say “Safe mode” in the bottom-left corner.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you please tell me what this is and how to stop it..its driving me crazy! Started about a week ago..i tried turning off google

Did you already look at the thread I linked above? A person in that thread suggested going to Settings>Display>Blink LED and turning that off.

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi...yes..ty..i did the blink off thing..dw...i also read that article ...i was just hoping that maybe there was something I could do myself rather than sending it away..do you think we were speaking of the same problem?? They said 'glowing'..i think it began after i downloaded a new app but i cant remember which one..ill try the safe mode thing next and see what happens..thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi...yes..ty..i did the blink off thing..dw...i also read that article ...i was just hoping that maybe there was something I could do myself rather than sending it away..do you think we were speaking of the same problem?? They said 'glowing'..i think it began after i downloaded a new app but i cant remember which one..ill try the safe mode thing next and see what happens..thank you

It's the exact same issue -- the screenshots in that other thread show the exact same thing near the Home button. It's possible the person who supplied the solution in that thread was thinking of something else, but it would be odd since there were screenshots showing what the problem was.

So with the Blink LED option off, you still see the circle? What happens if you long-press it, or swipe up from it?

The OP of that thread says it's the same thing that shows up when you plug the phone into a charger -- this suggests it could also be a problem with the USB port. Are you having any issues with the USB connection, either with charging or with connection to a PC?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Let us know if it's ok in safe mode

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi...just wanted to let you know that the safe mode has worked so far...i didnt do anything else just turned it on for a few minutes...then back off again. As soon as i turned sm on it disappeared...ty hope it stays off! Thanks for your help!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi...just wanted to let you know that the safe mode has worked so far...i didnt do anything else just turned it on for a few minutes...then back off again. As soon as i turned sm on it disappeared...ty hope it stays off! Thanks for your help!
Thanks for updating us , sometimes going in and out of safe mode fixes little issues like this .

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Excellent news. If the same issue comes back try to find which app you used the last or which one started on its own in the background.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing that I still haven't been able to find a definitive explanation for this "feature" from LG.:-\