How do I root my LG Stylo 4?
    10-02-2018 08:13 AM
    How do I root my LG Stylo 4?
    There used to be rooting sub-forum threads for practically every phone model here on AC, back in 2012~2013. But there appears to be no forum established as yet for the LG Sylo 4.
    -- UPDATE: Bla1ze @Crackberry just graciously created one for us. =)) But this thread hasn't been moved there yet.

Don't know if following rooting instructions for other LG phones would work or not, or if there are any, anymore.
    You might peruse thru the LG forums to see if there's any LG rooting sub-forums, and if so, contact some of the rooting guru's.

UPDATE: It doesn't look like you can "unlock the bootloader to be able to flash twrp in order to flash blah blah blah blah blah ~ " ...so it's apparently, currently un-rootable.
    (see below; from xda-developers forums):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...-root-t3816803

"Originally Posted by messi2050

Unfortunately stylo 4 requires unlock.bin from lg to unlock the bootloader to be able to flash twrp in order to flash [magisk or super su] and root the device [those information are according to 2 of the real device owners as i don't have one] this is similar to what exist on some lg v20 and g6 [carrier models] and from my experience lg won't allow bootloader to be unlocked similar to what they did on the models i mentioned, this mean that it will be very difficult if not impossible at all to root the stylo 4 and it will end like the still non-rootable stylo 3 ls777 from boost mobile."

"Unfortunately, All models of the stylo 4 in the U.S are bootloader locked and un rootable.
    First tme in the stylo series history I wanted to return my stylo 4.
    I elected to get the K20 Plus..
    Great devs working on the K20 plus.
    Im loving the Resurrection Remix Custom Rom."

Also, check-out this Stylo 4 thread on xda-developers :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...alpha-t3826510

PS . . .WHY DON'T THE [ COMPOSE MESSAGE ] TOOL BUTTONS WORK ANYMORE !?!????
    belodion likes this.
    10-02-2018 12:13 PM