Battery charging animation playing repeatedly

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I've been having an odd issue with my LG Stylo 4 over the past week. About once a day, for no apparent reason it will get stuck in a loop of playing the effect from connecting a USB cable repeatedly, whether the cable is actually connected or not. The screen dims for about half a second, plays a sound, and displays a half-circle animation around the home button; repeat every second indefinitely. I have not found a way to trigger it, though it goes away after a soft reset. As far as I can tell, it still recognizes USB and charges correctly during the looping.

I have not made any recent settings changes or installed/removed any apps. I've updated all apps via google play and checked for system updates; everything has been updated and the loop still occurred today. I am running Android 8.1.0, with the latest security patch on Jan 1 2019.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try cleaning the USB port (phone off, burst of compressed air and/or soft brush). Might be contaminants causing a false contact. If that doesn't help, it might be internally loose/damaged.