How do I disable or uninstall the greyed out apps on my LG Stylo 4?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

There are preinstalled apps taking up space on my phone and I need to delete them. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they're preinstalled, you have to root to delete them, which means that you have to root the phone, which you can't with the Stylo 4 - so you can't delete them.

Bushs2006

Mar 29, 2019
Visit site
My problem is my husband hacked my phone with files starting with com.lge etc. Using some low tech crap that goes bluetooth in the background thru LG Connectivity Service using a textnow number. I need to delete them. My phone is crashing.

britt2134

Jun 13, 2019
Visit site
My problem is my husband hacked my phone with files starting with com.lge etc. Using some low tech crap that goes bluetooth in the background thru LG Connectivity Service using a textnow number. I need to delete them. My phone is crashing.

Hi
I have same problem... Did you find a way to remove?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"lge" means "LG Electronics," which means those apps were preinstalled by LG, not a crazy spouse or ex-spouse.

As was already mentioned by Rukbat, the only way to remove apps that were preinstalled by the manufacturer is to root the device. But doing so without fully understanding what you're doing could lead to the phone being bricked, so be cautious.