I have an LG Stylo 4 running pie. I had like 17 updates when I looked earlier today so I installed them. After I did, my phone was running super slow. I restarted it, and it ran even slower then it froze on the home screen. I couldn't even turn it off with the power button. I did a soft reset and now it's stuck on the boot mode black screen. We're planning to get new phones in a couple of weeks, but i need this one until then for work. Someone please help!
    04-12-2020 05:00 PM
    See if you're able to boot into Safe Mode. Force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for about 20 seconds. Then press Power to turn it back on, and this time press and hold Volume Down when you see the LG logo. If it still freezes on the logo, then you might have to try booting into Recovery and doing a factory reset: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...ets-lg-stylo-4
    04-12-2020 08:20 PM
    Holding the power button didn't force a shutdown.
    04-12-2020 08:36 PM
    Did you hold it for at least 20 seconds? That's a pretty long time. If that still doesn't work, try pressing Power and Vol Down at the same time for about 20 seconds.
    04-12-2020 08:46 PM
    I held it for over 20 seconds per my clock on the wall. I did press and hold the power and volume down button it goes blank and vibrates then comes back to the same black screen. See video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AOZ...ew?usp=sharing
    04-12-2020 08:54 PM
    Yes. Per the analog clock on my wall I held it for over 30 seconds. I did press the power and vol down button at the same time for 20 seconds, and it went blank after about 10 and vibrated. Then it vibrated after another 10 when i released it. it took about 40 seconds then came back to the black boot mode screen. I have a video it it will let me post it.
    04-12-2020 09:10 PM
    04-12-2020 09:41 PM
    Well obviously you didn't read the comments or watch the video i posted because pressing and holding the power button and volume down button at the same time that is supposed to take you to recovery mode only brings up the black boot mode screen. Any actual ideas on how to get it to go into Recovery Mode from the black boot mode screen that keeps coming up?
    04-12-2020 09:52 PM
    Well obviously you didn't read the comments or watch the video i posted because pressing and holding the power button and volume down button at the same time that is supposed to take you to recovery mode only brings up the black boot mode screen. Any actual ideas on how to get it to go into Recovery Mode from the black boot mode screen that keeps coming up?
    I was the one that approved your link post , so yes I did go over it and didn't understand what you were doing .
    04-12-2020 09:56 PM
    Thank you for the approval. I was showing what screen is currently showing on my phone and showing what it does when i try to go into the recovery mode. This was stated in the post. As well as in the next post I made when the one with the link disappeared i guess while waiting for approval.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-12-2020 10:01 PM
    Thank you for the approval. I was showing what screen is currently showing on my phone and showing what it does when i try to go into the recovery mode. This was stated in the post. As well as in the next post I made when the one with the link disappeared i guess while waiting for approval.
    Ok your welcome!

Try this step

Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-2020 10:04 PM
    You might be out of luck it you're unable to boot into Recovery. I assume the phone is out of warranty, correct?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-2020 10:44 PM
    sadly correct. and the additional warranty i purchased is out as well.
    04-13-2020 12:53 AM
    sadly correct. and the additional warranty i purchased is out as well.
    Can't get into that mode ?
    04-13-2020 01:12 AM
    Nope. Still does the same thing. I actually let it completely die hoping that when i plugged it in and started it up it would work, but no luck.
    04-13-2020 01:17 AM
    Nope. Still does the same thing. I actually let it completely die hoping that when i plugged it in and started it up it would work, but no luck.
    It's possible that it's completely dead, not to be revived without a new battery if that's the case. Have you tried using a wall charger and leaving it plugged in for at least 8 hours?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-13-2020 01:20 AM
    The battery still works. I just can't get it out of the black boot mode screen. Says

stboot mode *red*
    rest in white:
    Product_Name - msm8953 32gb
    Variant - msm 8953 32gb
    HW Version - rev_11
    Bootloader version-
    baseband version-
    Carrier Info- N/A
    Serial number - *gives serial number for phone*
    Signing- production
    Secure Boot- disabled
    lock state - locked

when i press and hold power and vol down the screen goes black and after about 40 seconds it loads this same information.
    04-13-2020 01:27 AM
    The battery still works. I just can't get it out of the black boot mode screen. Says

stboot mode *red*
    rest in white:
    Variant - msm 8953 32gb
    HW Version - rev_11
    Bootloader version-
    baseband version-
    Carrier Info- N/A
    Signing- production
    Secure Boot- disabled
    lock state - locked

when i press and hold power and vol down the screen goes black and after about 40 seconds it loads this same information.
    What about power and volume up ?
    04-13-2020 01:51 AM
    doesn't do anything.
    04-13-2020 02:02 AM
    I was hoping something , either take it in for repair or move on from it unfortunately.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-2020 02:07 AM
    Ok. Thanks everyone.
    Fluffy White Owl likes this.
    04-13-2020 09:57 AM

stboot mode *red*
    rest in white:
    Variant - msm 8953 32gb
    HW Version - rev_11
    Bootloader version-
    baseband version-
    Carrier Info- N/A
    Signing- production
    Secure Boot- disabled
    lock state - locked

This happened to me TODAY! I went out and bought a new phone bc I needed it today, but I cannot get it unstuck out of exactly what you listed above. Did you ever get this fixed???? Any ideas, anyone?? Thanks!
    Michael Fey likes this.
    10-09-2020 05:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you already try all of the suggestions in this thread?
    10-09-2020 07:09 PM
    This happened to me TODAY! I went out and bought a new phone bc I needed it today, but I cannot get it unstuck out of exactly what you listed above. Did you ever get this fixed???? Any ideas, anyone?? Thanks!
    I had the same thing happen to mine months and months ago.... Wish there was a way to repair it without spending a bunch of money to recover what I have on the phone etc.... Any suggestions from someone with actual knowledge instead of just pressing a bunch of buttons???

fastboot mode *red*
    rest in white:
    Variant - msm 8953 32gb
    HW Version - rev_11
    Bootloader version-
    baseband version-
    Carrier Info- N/A
    Signing- production
    Secure Boot- disabled
    lock state - locked
    11-06-2020 02:17 AM
    What do you think??? after she did, none of those things worked as she explained... Did you try reading the entire thread???
    11-06-2020 02:17 AM