Thoughts on the Ticker Display?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What does everything think about the ticker display? It was last seen on the Samsung Continuum. I'm not so sure that I like the idea...but will be open minded until more information is available and actual hands-on reviews are published.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think if they are trying to somewhat bring back the notifications in the status bar (why else would they move it to the top) it would be a good idea.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
What does everything think about the ticker display? It was last seen on the Samsung Continuum. I'm not so sure that I like the idea...but will be open minded until more information is available and actual hands-on reviews are published.

Omg...i was reading the article and man... What times, 384 mb ram, 5 mp cam...

Posted from LG G3

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love it. I would rather not turn on my display to check the time or to see why my blue notification light is blinking only to see it was an email and not a call or a voicemail. Also having to turn on my entire display just to change a track on my music player or to turn on the flashlight is a waste, especially when its sunny out and your phone is using full brightness!

Now I can always see what time it is, I can change through my music, and I can see if I received a call or an email instead of the annoying blue mystery light that makes me turn on my phone and waste battery.

It will also be nice when you're actually using the phone because you can have your music player up top so at all times to change a track (can be very annoying). You can also skip a step of app switching by clicking on your favorite app while youre in another app instead of exiting out and going back to your app list to go to another app.

Last edited:

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Also having to turn on my entire display just to change a track on my music player

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is going to be one of the abilities that they are going to be enabling. From the turned off display the options are:

Signature
Time/Date/Weather/Notification Widgets
Sound On/Off
Wifi On/Off
Flashlight On/Off
Camera App

I wish the music control was part of that list, but for now we don't seem to be getting that.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpgPNmYxW2g

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is going to be one of the abilities that they are going to be enabling. From the turned off display the options are:

Signature
Time/Date/Weather/Notification Widgets
Sound On/Off
Wifi On/Off
Flashlight On/Off
Camera App

I wish the music control was part of that list, but for now we don't seem to be getting that.

Source:

There is still hope my friend. Look at this picture I found. This is what the source says:

"There is a second screen on the top right corner, and the signature can be customized, the music player controls can be utilized here, even with the main screen off, which is like any dedicated DAP"

900x900px-LL-584e8075_image.jpeg

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I so hope you are correct. Notifications/Shortcuts/Music Control is all I want.

Do you have a link to the source? Does it have any more interesting information?

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

There is still hope my friend. Look at this picture I found. This is what the source says:

"There is a second screen on the top right corner, and the signature can be customized, the music player controls can be utilized here, even with the main screen off, which is like any dedicated DAP"

View attachment 202455

If they make it spotify controls instead of the regular music app, they can have all my moneys lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome