11-29-2015 07:01 PM
34 12
tools
    What does everything think about the ticker display? It was last seen on the Samsung Continuum. I'm not so sure that I like the idea...but will be open minded until more information is available and actual hands-on reviews are published.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-04-2015 09:55 PM
    I think if they are trying to somewhat bring back the notifications in the status bar (why else would they move it to the top) it would be a good idea.
    09-04-2015 10:57 PM
    I hope it's better executed than Samsung's attempt.
    muckrakerX likes this.
    10-01-2015 05:42 AM
    Might be more useful than having them on the sides like samsung... we'll have to wait and see... not hating it tho...
    10-01-2015 02:23 PM
    What does everything think about the ticker display? It was last seen on the Samsung Continuum. I'm not so sure that I like the idea...but will be open minded until more information is available and actual hands-on reviews are published.
    Omg...i was reading the article and man... What times, 384 mb ram, 5 mp cam...

Posted from LG G3
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    10-02-2015 03:36 PM
    I like it. Especially the fact it won't disturb the larger display

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2015 08:29 PM
    I absolutely love it. I would rather not turn on my display to check the time or to see why my blue notification light is blinking only to see it was an email and not a call or a voicemail. Also having to turn on my entire display just to change a track on my music player or to turn on the flashlight is a waste, especially when its sunny out and your phone is using full brightness!

Now I can always see what time it is, I can change through my music, and I can see if I received a call or an email instead of the annoying blue mystery light that makes me turn on my phone and waste battery.

It will also be nice when you're actually using the phone because you can have your music player up top so at all times to change a track (can be very annoying). You can also skip a step of app switching by clicking on your favorite app while youre in another app instead of exiting out and going back to your app list to go to another app.
    redeyss and missouriexile like this.
    10-15-2015 12:59 PM
    Also having to turn on my entire display just to change a track on my music player
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is going to be one of the abilities that they are going to be enabling. From the turned off display the options are:

Signature
    Time/Date/Weather/Notification Widgets
    Sound On/Off
    Wifi On/Off
    Flashlight On/Off
    Camera App

I wish the music control was part of that list, but for now we don't seem to be getting that.

Source:
    clatus likes this.
    10-16-2015 11:11 PM
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is going to be one of the abilities that they are going to be enabling. From the turned off display the options are:

Signature
    Time/Date/Weather/Notification Widgets
    Sound On/Off
    Wifi On/Off
    Flashlight On/Off
    Camera App

I wish the music control was part of that list, but for now we don't seem to be getting that.

Source:

There is still hope my friend. Look at this picture I found. This is what the source says:

"There is a second screen on the top right corner, and the signature can be customized, the music player controls can be utilized here, even with the main screen off, which is like any dedicated DAP"

Thoughts on the Ticker Display?-900x900px-ll-584e8075_image.jpeg
    MrMLK likes this.
    10-21-2015 04:01 PM
    I so hope you are correct. Notifications/Shortcuts/Music Control is all I want.

Do you have a link to the source? Does it have any more interesting information?
    10-22-2015 08:57 AM

There is still hope my friend. Look at this picture I found. This is what the source says:

"There is a second screen on the top right corner, and the signature can be customized, the music player controls can be utilized here, even with the main screen off, which is like any dedicated DAP"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	900x900px-LL-584e8075_image.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	202455
    If they make it spotify controls instead of the regular music app, they can have all my moneys lol
    10-22-2015 09:50 AM

Its not looking good. At 10:45. this video specifically says that it is not supported.
    10-22-2015 10:18 AM
    I so hope you are correct. Notifications/Shortcuts/Music Control is all I want.

Do you have a link to the source? Does it have any more interesting information?
    Maybe Jimsreviewroom just couldn't figure it out? Because this other user clearly got it to work:

LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
    10-22-2015 12:30 PM
    Maybe Jimsreviewroom just couldn't figure it out? Because this other user clearly got it to work:

I hope you are right. Maybe Jim just never tried it when playing music. It isn't on the settings page, but neither are the Wifi/Camera/Volume/Flashlight shortcuts, so we might get lucky.
    10-22-2015 11:34 PM
    It should be placed on the bottom, if LG wants to be different from Samsung.
    10-27-2015 12:09 PM
    It should be placed on the bottom, if LG wants to be different from Samsung.
    I don't get it. I thought Samsung put it on the side.
    Shuckster likes this.
    10-27-2015 12:56 PM
    I do think it makes more sense to be on bottom for one handed use on such a tall device. Looking to try one out at store.
    10-28-2015 02:20 PM

Good news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgv10/comme...10_ama/cwhqenp
    clatus likes this.
    10-29-2015 06:21 PM
    Awesome news. thanks
    10-29-2015 07:58 PM
    Awesome news. thanks
    I have my V10, and I can confirm that this does work. Swipe right for the shortcuts and left for the audio controls.
    clatus likes this.
    10-31-2015 12:35 AM
    Anyone see the smart settings as shown in video at 11:20 mark?
    10-31-2015 06:18 AM
    Yes you can control the music player on the second screen. At least mine works, I'm using rhapsody
    10-31-2015 08:37 AM
    So now that it's out, does anybody find it useful? I haven't used the shortcuts much, probably won't, but I do like it for notifications and a cleaner screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2015 02:28 PM
    So now that it's out, does anybody find it useful? I haven't used the shortcuts much, probably won't, but I do like it for notifications and a cleaner screen.
    I didn't even set up the shortcuts. I like it for:

1) Notifications with the screen off and on.
    2) Switching between recent apps.
    3) Controlling the music player with he screen off and on
    4) answering and rejecting calls. THis one the reviews didn't mention, probablay because they didn't have active phones.
    ajb1965 and Mahmoud52 like this.
    10-31-2015 02:31 PM
    So far I'm liking the second screen. I thought I'd hate it but it's actually really useful. And it's not as hard to reach as I thought it would be. Probably the best feature about it are that those damn annoying toast notifications in Lollipop appear there instead of the top of the screen. Seeing the notifications there when the regular screen is off is also nice. I've used the music controls there and even answered a call from there, which was a little awkward since the area is so small. The signature is also a nice touch; you can change it to anything you want bit it defaults to your name.
    11-02-2015 06:01 AM
34 12