05-18-2017 04:49 PM
142 1234 ...
tools
    How was the display? And did you like the secondary display?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Display is fine. And the secondary was better than I expected, at least in my early impressions.

Posted via a version of the Android Central App you don't have yet.
    10-01-2015 05:30 PM
    Does it get warm at strange times like the G4? Battery life compared to the G4? thanks
    I've used it for, like, an hour.

10-01-2015 05:30 PM
    Phil,
    What about the speaker? I do not see a speaker opening on the back. Is it located at the bottom? How does it sound?
    Need to get in a better testing environment to make that call.

10-01-2015 05:31 PM
    Is the whole perimeter of the phone stainless steel, or just the sides?
    10-01-2015 09:12 PM
    Any notion they will eventually bring it to Europe?
    10-02-2015 06:54 AM
    • How was grip like?
    • How well did the new video recording features go?
    • Is the mic any good for recording video? LG touted improvements in quality and can record in different directions and even has a wind noise filter.
    • How's the sound quality when using a quality pair of headphones compared to other flagships?
    • How was battery life?
    • Did you like using the second screen?

I'm not expecting any major differences between this and my G4, but the new video recording features are what made me excited about this phone.
    10-02-2015 08:30 AM
    How is the camera compared to the note 5?
    10-02-2015 12:59 PM
    According to the dimensions this is a big phone, bigger than a note 4. Would that be a deal breaker for you? I would have preferred they integrated the ticker into the 5.7 display with an option to turn it off so as to keep the bezels small.
    Its a third of an inch taller then the Note 4, and essentially the same thickness and width. Having used the Note 4 for a year, I would have to say that its not going to be too big. In addition, it appears like it won't need a case, so the carry around size may turn out to be even smaller then the Note 4.
    10-02-2015 11:58 PM
    If the phone is sitting in a dock (say in my car), is there a way to turn the screen on without access to the back of the phone?
    10-03-2015 12:16 AM
    When do you think there will be a U. S. release date announced?

10-03-2015 07:15 PM
    If the phone is sitting in a dock (say in my car), is there a way to turn the screen on without access to the back of the phone?
    I would strongly assume knockOn/Code will be in place
    10-03-2015 10:48 PM
    If the screen is off, is the only option notifications/time/weather? Can you swipe to control your media player?

Or does that only work when the screen is on?
    10-04-2015 12:04 PM
    I'm late, so I don't know if you're still answering questions. But since this phone is more focused on improving the video in the camera department, did you see if it was a slow-mo mode? And if so, did you get to test it out, and was it good?

I've used Slow-Mo on the G4 recently and it sucks..........really bad.

And you never specifically answered whether or not it had Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 when people asked, can you clarify that? Or did you not receive that info from LG yet to say if it does or doesn't?

It was quietly said that it was on the G4 (though that iteration of it sucks in my opinion), so I'm just wondering.
    10-05-2015 12:38 AM
    If this phone has quick/turbo/fast charge, I'm sold...I think.

But most importantly, were you able to make a phone call with this device?
    10-05-2015 12:37 PM

More likely sold to 3 top carrier's and Sprint is out the league.

10-05-2015 03:53 PM
    I've read the the second screen will turn off if you put the phone in your pocket? Is this an orientation thing or a proximity thing? Does it turn off in a bag? If it is face down on a table?

Is there a separate brightness control for the second screen? If not, is it locked to the main screen brightness or is it permanent auto-brightness?
    10-06-2015 05:29 PM
    Hi Phil, Did you get to use the V10, as a phone? Make a call, receive a call? Speakerphone? Overall phone usage? It's never reviewed!
    I use these devices as a phone still..... Hard to believe...
    10-07-2015 07:49 AM
    Hi Phil, Did you get to use the V10, as a phone? Make a call, receive a call? Speakerphone? Overall phone usage? It's never reviewed!
    I use these devices as a phone still..... Hard to believe...
    Thus my same question above. It's a phone, first. Others are secondary IMO.
    10-07-2015 10:40 AM
    One video I watched showed a setup screen that indicated McAfee antivirus was installed by LG and that you must use it as it can not be turned off.

Anyone know if that is correct?
    10-07-2015 02:52 PM
    One video I watched showed a setup screen that indicated McAfee antivirus was installed by LG and that you must use it as it can not be turned off.

Anyone know if that is correct?
    That is only the international version not US

10-07-2015 04:44 PM
    I have now the LG G4 in your opion if you had the G4 is it worth upgrading to the V10 or I should (you would) rather wait for the next "G" variant?

10-07-2015 04:46 PM
    I have now the LG G4 in your opion if you had the G4 is it worth upgrading to the V10 or I should (you would) rather wait for the next "G" variant?

I don't own a G4, but this would be my take. If the new video options are what I've been [really] wanting on the G4, I would get the V10. If not, don't get it. It's essentially a G4 in a 5.7 screen with a few new things (2nd display, video options, etc.). The battery is still at 3000mAh. But hey, that's just me. $.02
    10-07-2015 05:47 PM

I have the G4 now, and I will be upgrading, that is if the slow-mo mode is right. The G4's was/is horrible. Then again, I may still upgrade besides that.

It has a lot of useful features. The secondary screen. I think that's great. It stays on regardless of your screen being idle, but you can turn it off. I have issues searching through homescreen and app drawers for favorite and recently used apps. The secondary screen resolves that for me.

I love video recording, and I have some issues with that on the G4, the manual controls and electronic stabilization in video mode resolves that. My has gotten really low on storage, to the point that I got that insufficient storage message. I have a high speed 64GB Micro SD card, and still have about 40GB left on that. But apps take up space, and can only be installed on your internal storage. I think they can be backed u on a micro sd card, but they run bad. The V10 has double the space at 64GB vs. the G4's 32.

If you listen to music on your phone and are a audiophile or music enthusiast, it has HiFi audio boosting 16-bit audio production to 32-bit. I am, and I use my smartphone avidly for my music consumption.

The audio recording options are cool too. Having a wind filter option on video and being able to decide where the audio is focused on and having the 3 mics. This is perfect for vloggers, or just someone who loves recording video.

But it all runs down to your preferences.
    10-07-2015 11:20 PM
    Does this phone offer wireless charging?
    10-09-2015 02:51 AM

I'd like to know as well
    10-12-2015 03:11 AM
142 1234 ...