I've used the LG V10, you have questions. Have at me!

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've read the the second screen will turn off if you put the phone in your pocket? Is this an orientation thing or a proximity thing? Does it turn off in a bag? If it is face down on a table?

Is there a separate brightness control for the second screen? If not, is it locked to the main screen brightness or is it permanent auto-brightness?

Capt Gary

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Phil, Did you get to use the V10, as a phone? Make a call, receive a call? Speakerphone? Overall phone usage? It's never reviewed!
I use these devices as a phone still..... Hard to believe...

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
One video I watched showed a setup screen that indicated McAfee antivirus was installed by LG and that you must use it as it can not be turned off.

Anyone know if that is correct?

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
One video I watched showed a setup screen that indicated McAfee antivirus was installed by LG and that you must use it as it can not be turned off.

Anyone know if that is correct?

That is only the international version not US

Posted via the Android Central App

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have now the LG G4 in your opion if you had the G4 is it worth upgrading to the V10 or I should (you would) rather wait for the next "G" variant?

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have now the LG G4 in your opion if you had the G4 is it worth upgrading to the V10 or I should (you would) rather wait for the next "G" variant?

I don't own a G4, but this would be my take. If the new video options are what I've been [really] wanting on the G4, I would get the V10. If not, don't get it. It's essentially a G4 in a 5.7 screen with a few new things (2nd display, video options, etc.). The battery is still at 3000mAh. But hey, that's just me. $.02

Dave Knight2

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

I have the G4 now, and I will be upgrading, that is if the slow-mo mode is right. The G4's was/is horrible. Then again, I may still upgrade besides that.

It has a lot of useful features. The secondary screen. I think that's great. It stays on regardless of your screen being idle, but you can turn it off. I have issues searching through homescreen and app drawers for favorite and recently used apps. The secondary screen resolves that for me.

I love video recording, and I have some issues with that on the G4, the manual controls and electronic stabilization in video mode resolves that. My has gotten really low on storage, to the point that I got that insufficient storage message. I have a high speed 64GB Micro SD card, and still have about 40GB left on that. But apps take up space, and can only be installed on your internal storage. I think they can be backed u on a micro sd card, but they run bad. The V10 has double the space at 64GB vs. the G4's 32.

If you listen to music on your phone and are a audiophile or music enthusiast, it has HiFi audio boosting 16-bit audio production to 32-bit. I am, and I use my smartphone avidly for my music consumption.

The audio recording options are cool too. Having a wind filter option on video and being able to decide where the audio is focused on and having the 3 mics. This is perfect for vloggers, or just someone who loves recording video.

But it all runs down to your preferences.

tpick002

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the specs on GSMArena it says Radio: To be confirmed. Can you clarify if its a yes or no. Thanks

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
But there will be a Qi-certified back cover that will allow for wireless charging.

That's just DUMB. If LG is going to make the case for it just like they do with the G4, why in the heck would they not be able to put the contacts inside the back cover? Especially when they are going to lengths to redesign the back plate. Goofy.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's going to be a case. I think they are got g to sell replacement back plates with the qi receiver built in.

They probably left it off the standard v10 as a cost saving device.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking this will be my next phone. Been sitting on an upgrade for quite some time. I have a Note 3, skipped the Note 4 waiting for the Note 5, underwhelmed by the Note 5's missing features and especially Samsung so looking for my next phone. Hope they don't wait too long to release it here. Locked bootloader annoys me but it's not a dealbreaker for me. It's the cost of having to buy from a carrier due to being a poor married boy and needing a monthly payment plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie