05-18-2017 04:49 PM
142 ... 23456
tools
    Yep, sorry. I assume LG intended that people use the second screen, so they didn't put a notification light.
    Thank you by the way.
    10-28-2015 04:37 PM
    Does the Hi-Fi Audio Boosting work with bluetooth headsets and earbuds.
    10-28-2015 05:44 PM
    How is the durability an build quality of the v10?
    İs it really a shock proof phone?
    İs it the most rigid phone?
    İs the steel frame coloured and will show black signs upon scratching?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2015 01:29 PM
    dual window function adding social media apps without rooting
    11-03-2015 01:07 PM
    @ AMR Ashraf Mostafa:
    How is the durability an build quality of the v10?
    The build quality is excellent. It looks and feels like a premium phone. The steel frame is solid and does add a little weight but also creates the feel of a solid well built phone. The silicon back and shock absorbing end caps keep the phone from getting scratches and cracks if dropped.

İs it really a shock proof phone?
    I haven't dropped mine on anything hard yet (just the carpeted floor), but from those that have reported drops, none have seen as much as a scratch.

İs it the most rigid phone?
    It is hard to beat the solid steel frame for rigidity...

İs the steel frame coloured and will show black signs upon scratching?
    Quote from review on GSM Arena: "The LG V10 is an exercise in rugged design and premium engineering. The chassis, which LG has dubbed Dura Guard, is built out of 316L stainless steel (which is harder and heavier than aluminum). Stainless steel is covered with chromium oxide and when scratched, the chromium underneath reacts with oxygen from the air and heals the scratch, preventing further damage."
    11-03-2015 03:20 PM
    Although our local Verizon stores still do not have any of these to sell, one of the stores finally got in a black display unit. So I was able to get a hands on and try it out. I am coming from a little over two years with a Note 3, which overall was pretty good. So my comparison for a new phone has been between the v10 and Note 5. A couple of questions for those that have used the v10 for a time now.

The Samsung has the power/screen off button on the side. The v10 on the rear. So, different than the Note, you actually have to pick up the v10 to wake it up or off the screen, correct? Or does the screen tapping thing I have heard about, but never used, do it?

The display model kept waking up the screen every time after turning it off. I would turn it off and leave it alone, and a second or two later, the screen would come on full brightness. Maybe this was just the way they had the display unit set up? But I am used to turning off my Note 3 screen and having it stay off until I turn it back on. Has this been an issue for you?

One other thing I noticed: In a side by side, the Note 3 actually has a little more screen available. The v-10 appears to be the same size plus the ticker screen, so would seem bigger. But the v10 has the menu, etc. buttons dedicated to the lower 1/2 inch of the screen so that can not be used for anything else. The Note has physical menu buttons below the screen. When I held them side by side, the v10's main screen usable area was actually about that 1/2 inch smaller than the Note's.

Tough decision between these two. My last two Samsung phones have been OK, but I have grown a bit frustrated with the interface changes and the very slow updates to software. Plus I find I never use the stylus. Those things plus the lack of storage and removable battery have me seriously considering the v10. Although the battery issue may not be a big deal. I think that I, like many, remember the old days when removing the phone's battery was the only way to fix a problem and have a tough time thinking about owning a phone without the ability to do that.

Oh, and side by side, I thought I could see that the Note 5 had a better looking display. Seemed more saturated and sharper at least in the store. But they both looked good and compared to my Note 3, they are blazing fast.
    11-04-2015 12:49 PM
    "So, different than the Note, you actually have to pick up the v10 to wake it up or off the screen, correct? Or does the screen tapping thing I have heard about, but never used, do it?" You can wake or turn off the screen by tapping the screen as long as you use the stock launcher. If you use Nova Launcher or some other third party, the tap-to-turn-off no longer works, but the tap-to-turn-on still does. I came from a Note 4, but I'm already used to the button on the back and actually prefer it. The fingerprint scanner is in just a perfect placement.

"Maybe this was just the way they had the display unit set up? But I am used to turning off my Note 3 screen and having it stay off until I turn it back on. Has this been an issue for you?" This hasn't happened with my V10, so must be something they have set on their demo unit, or perhaps that one is defective.

"One other thing I noticed: In a side by side, the Note 3 actually has a little more screen available. The v-10 appears to be the same size plus the ticker screen, so would seem bigger. But the v10 has the menu, etc. buttons dedicated to the lower 1/2 inch of the screen so that can not be used for anything else. The Note has physical menu buttons below the screen. When I held them side by side, the v10's main screen usable area was actually about that 1/2 inch smaller than the Note. " You won't even notice the difference once you use it. And the software buttons go away when using a full screen app, which ends up giving you more screen available than the Note 3 does.

Overall, I'm happy with the V10 after the few days I've had it. Not enough time to judge battery life, but I've gotten through a whole day pretty easily with only plugging it in in the car on the way to and from work and such. I love that it doesn't have as much bloat as Samsung did. There are some apps from LG (calendar, LG Health, LG Backup), but nothing like making me have that PEN app that is literally just drawings people uploaded that I have no use for.
    ewak12321 likes this.
    11-04-2015 12:57 PM
    If you use Nova Launcher or some other third party, the tap-to-turn-off no longer works, but the tap-to-turn-on still does.
    Its easy to set up Nova to do the tap to turn off the display. I installed one of the 50 free "turn off your screen" apps on the play store and assigned it to the double tap gesture.
    11-04-2015 01:07 PM
    Good to know. I personally don't *want* the double tap to turn off because it interferes with my live wallpaper which lets you change the current picture by double tapping the screen, but it's certainly a way to go if one needs it!
    11-04-2015 01:09 PM
    So my comparison for a new phone has been between the v10 and Note 5.
    The two phones are very different, so the decision should be simple.

The Note 5 has a sexier build and a slightly better screen. And the stylus.
    The V10 has a more robust build, expandable memory, replaceable batteries, and the second screen.

I've been a Note user for three years, and would have autoupdated to the Note 5 if it wasn't for the fact that its a fragile phone with no SD card slot and no replaceable battery. At that point, it dropped to fifth on my list of possible phones to get.

The V10 came out on top, but I would get the the Nexus 6P, the Droid Turbo 2 or Moto X Pure before I would get the Note 5.
    11-04-2015 01:18 PM
    Good to know. I personally don't *want* the double tap to turn off because it interferes with my live wallpaper which lets you change the current picture by double tapping the screen, but it's certainly a way to go if one needs it!
    You could also use a different gesture to turn it off besides double tap. Nova launcher supports a long list of gestures.
    11-04-2015 01:19 PM
    Thanks everyone! Just about ready to decide on the v10. Wish it was in stores here, but ordering online has worked OK for us too in the past.

edit: Just checked again today and they got just one in. But it is white and I want the black. Oh well.
    11-04-2015 01:41 PM
    That's true. I honestly haven't looked much into the gesture features of Nova. Maybe I should do that.

EDIT: Oh! Found out that you can still double tap the notification bar at the top and it will turn the screen off and that works in any app, not just the launcher. No need to set Nova differently.
    11-04-2015 02:11 PM
    Thanks everyone! Just about ready to decide on the v10.
    Just checked again today and they got just one in. But it is white and I want the black. Oh well.
    I had only bought black phones until I saw the White and Gold V10.
    It is striking.
    The black and Gray version is nice too but doesn't stand out.
    It looks like most other phones.
    My compromise is a case.
    Spigen has a dark gray case that I like and I can still go without on occasion to show off.
    11-04-2015 02:59 PM
    Yes you enable a knock code...I was worried about this too until this worked for me
    11-04-2015 07:13 PM
    Some youtube reviewers say that there is a problem with the fingerprint sensor and some cases ,that influences the function of the sensor.
    Any thoughts?

11-06-2015 04:21 AM
    Some people are having an issue, but others work fine with the same case. It's hard to tell how pervasive the issue is.
    11-06-2015 07:31 AM
    Some people are having an issue, but others work fine with the same case. It's hard to tell how pervasive the issue is.
    So what shall i do? Buy it or wait a while until this issue is being covered?

11-06-2015 10:31 AM
    So what shall i do? Buy it or wait a while until this issue is being covered?
    Mine works perfectly, and the V10 is the greatest phone I have ever owned. If it was me, I would take a chance. Just remember that if you are going to use a case, program the fingerprint with the case on.
    11-06-2015 11:14 AM
    I would buy it I have no problem with the INCIPO case from the T-Mobile. store. I always get a case before I leave with a new rig. Aloha
    11-06-2015 10:32 PM
    Lots of good info here. My question is, is the battery from a G3 compatible with the V10? I still have a new battery from when I got the G3.
    12-08-2015 09:48 AM
    Phil,
    I'm trying to decide between the V10 and the Turbo 2. Which do you like better? Which camera took better pics? I know the Turbo 2 has a higher MP but which sensor actually does a better job of good, clean, color accurate images? Which one felt more reliable? On paper, it looks like the Turbo 2 is more powerful but which user experience is the strongest and more reliable in your opinion?
    12-12-2015 04:58 PM
    Any notion they will eventually bring it to Europe?
    Is the lgV10 out yet.
    01-04-2016 05:57 AM
    How do you change video frame rates on the fly??

Thanks
    01-04-2016 07:52 PM
    I'm New to android. How do I add fonts to the phone or add themes? Can you change the text msg bubble color?
    01-05-2016 12:54 PM
142 ... 23456