I've used the LG V10, you have questions. Have at me!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
According to the dimensions this is a big phone, bigger than a note 4. Would that be a deal breaker for you? I would have preferred they integrated the ticker into the 5.7 display with an option to turn it off so as to keep the bezels small.

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

It's big but not thick. So is the Nexus 6P.

Posted via a version of the Android Central App you don't have yet.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How was the display? And did you like the secondary display?

Posted via the Android Central App

Display is fine. And the secondary was better than I expected, at least in my early impressions.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil,
What about the speaker? I do not see a speaker opening on the back. Is it located at the bottom? How does it sound?

Need to get in a better testing environment to make that call.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
  • How was grip like?
  • How well did the new video recording features go?
  • Is the mic any good for recording video? LG touted improvements in quality and can record in different directions and even has a wind noise filter.
  • How's the sound quality when using a quality pair of headphones compared to other flagships?
  • How was battery life?
  • Did you like using the second screen?
I'm not expecting any major differences between this and my G4, but the new video recording features are what made me excited about this phone.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
According to the dimensions this is a big phone, bigger than a note 4. Would that be a deal breaker for you? I would have preferred they integrated the ticker into the 5.7 display with an option to turn it off so as to keep the bezels small.

Its a third of an inch taller then the Note 4, and essentially the same thickness and width. Having used the Note 4 for a year, I would have to say that its not going to be too big. In addition, it appears like it won't need a case, so the carry around size may turn out to be even smaller then the Note 4.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is sitting in a dock (say in my car), is there a way to turn the screen on without access to the back of the phone?

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If the screen is off, is the only option notifications/time/weather? Can you swipe to control your media player?

Or does that only work when the screen is on?

Dave Knight2

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm late, so I don't know if you're still answering questions. But since this phone is more focused on improving the video in the camera department, did you see if it was a slow-mo mode? And if so, did you get to test it out, and was it good?

I've used Slow-Mo on the G4 recently and it sucks..........really bad.

And you never specifically answered whether or not it had Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 when people asked, can you clarify that? Or did you not receive that info from LG yet to say if it does or doesn't?

It was quietly said that it was on the G4 (though that iteration of it sucks in my opinion), so I'm just wondering.