I've used the LG V10, you have questions. Have at me!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I already mentioned this in one of the V10 threads but has anyone else encountered screen image retention with the V10 yet? I remember noticing this a few months ago and learned that the G4 also has this issue and since both phones use the same screen tech, both will have it. Sure, all LCD's receive this sooner or later but apparently LG's Quantum Display seems to bring this phenomenon forth much sooner than other LCD's.

Posted via an LG V10

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just picked one up today, loving it so far! Really loving the fact that I can swap batteries! And add storage! Passed my Note 5 down!

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I already mentioned this in one of the V10 threads but has anyone else encountered screen image retention with the V10 yet? I remember noticing this a few months ago and learned that the G4 also has this issue and since both phones use the same screen tech, both will have it. Sure, all LCD's receive this sooner or later but apparently LG's Quantum Display seems to bring this phenomenon forth much sooner than other LCD's.

Posted via an LG V10

Nope, never had that problem. Went from G4 to the V10 last November and awesome so far. Not even a sign of image retention.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Nope, never had that problem. Went from G4 to the V10 last November and awesome so far. Not even a sign of image retention.

Hmm, might just be a crappy display on my part. Has yours ever been subjected to a lot of heat for the duration of the phone since you got it till now? The G4 and apparently V10 are pretty prone to this and most cases are related to heat.

Either way, it's not major as it's easily minimized to just the navbar buttons via a rather faint retention of the navbar buttons only easily seen in high brightness with a Bluelight filter app and I'll just bug T-Mobile about it once another issue arises.

anon(9993022)

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Five months ago i bought an LG v10 from AT&T and it was all working fine until last Sunday. At that time when i pulled down my notification tray, i saw my google search box in the "background" when it wasn't really there. Up until this point i learned that it's image retention and it might be cause by the the v10's quantum LCD display and overheating in conjunction.

It really isn't bothering me THAT much but I've decided to head over to AT&T tomorrow and request for a replacement under warranty.

Is that the right thing to do? and Should I expect retention again in the future? I've seen a few articles on it but I figure that it might be a select few devices.

shreyans_shah

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello people, so I just bought the V10 and I am loving every bit of this phone. Except for one thing. The front facing cameras' beauty face feature. Is there any way I can disable this feature? It kind of distorts my pictures. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what should I do? Please help

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
ok question. I first got the lg v10 probably 4 to 5 months ago now. After having it for just long enough to k=not be able to swap it at the store i went and did a manufacturers warranty replacement because my phone was constantly overheating and i was think it was the specific device that i have. So following getting the new device i get everything transferred over and the old one sent back but here's the thing. It still overheats just as much. When i say overheats i mean to the point it powers its self off. I even tried buying a new back for the phone thinking the black back wasn't helping at all even though i have a phone case for it. I have tested many different things to see if something I am doing on it causes it to overheat more or less frequently. I've tried only doing one thing on my phone for hours on end to see if it made a difference and the same thing happens as when I'm using 3 or 4 or more things at once on my phone. What i find strange is that it even overheats on a cold day like it is today. Its even overheated when i wasn't doing anything on it and just letting it charge. Any advice you give me would be greatly appreciated. Other than the overheating i think this phone is awesome.

anon(881307)

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering is there a way to setup fingerprint to unlock screen without having to put a code or pattern after screen turns on???
If there is would like to know.
Thanks

Jaimer 23

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
What happened to the lg v10 feature that let you draw on your pictures? Can't figure out where it went.

I know I can download an app that does this but I liked the one that came with the phone

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
it's the capture+ feature. You can go into your settings, display, home touch buttons, button combination and move the capture+ to your home touch buttons. That's the app that lets you write on pics.

Select a pic, tap the capture+ button, draw or whatever :), save it to your gallery (check mark at top). Then select it to send to or email, etc.

Last edited:

Alex Man

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello people, so I just bought the V10 and I am loving every bit of this phone. Except for one thing. The front facing cameras' beauty face feature. Is there any way I can disable this feature? It kind of distorts my pictures. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what should I do? Please help

I encountered something similar until I realized it was distorting it in a fish-eye way when it was on the wide angle setting for selfies. I toggled it back so it's not a wide shot and it seems fine now.

EcH0410

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
So like i got a new lg v10 in August and after a few months i notice a few thing wrong with this phone
1. when i rest my phone the signal bars are gone and there is an x on top of them, when i try to make a call the phone thinks its on airplane mode i have to reset the phone a couple times before it shows that it has signal i was able to find a solution for it but still this shouldnt be a problem with this phone.
2. Few months later i found out there was a later problem with the phone randomly i was using the internet and the screen just blacked out, like the screen just black out like the screen burned out the only way to make sure that it goes away is to reset the phone.
-you can see the problem here where if reset the phone the 1st problem would appear i was able to find a solution for this witch was to take the battery out and do the 1,2,3 method by holding the power button for a min and turn the phone on, if that doesnt work instead of one min do again for two mins instead, and if that doesnt work try in again but for 3min this time
- usually this works with step one of the 1,2,3 and it fixes the first problem with the signal but as of recently i notice that when the screen blacks out i did the 1,2,3 but when i did the 1st step the screen was still black even on the lg start up so i end up doing the whole step till 3 and the phone starts to work again but what makes it more annoying is that the phone has been blacking out more often and the 123 method works but i dont want to keep doing this i want to know if there is a way to fix this other that a hard reboot.
please if someone can help me with this, this would be great please and thank you:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2