11-18-2015 01:25 PM
86 1234
tools
    Which tempered glass did you go with?
    I went with this one, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4794645

$6.99 and it went on really easy with no bubbles. Took about 4 days to be delivered. I suspect your tempered glass protector from VZW was a bit more than $6.99......GRIN!
    11-01-2015 03:33 PM
    Ya, Verizon's is 24.99. I did not mind paying for it since they installed it and I have tried to install screen protectors many times with no success.
    11-01-2015 05:46 PM
    I went with this one[/url]

$6.99 and it went on really easy with no bubbles. Took about 4 days to be delivered. I suspect your tempered glass protector from VZW was a bit more than $6.99......GRIN!
    I haven't ordered one yet but I imagine the one at Verizon is probably 3-4x more. I'll check out the one you linked, thanks!

I also ordered a case for $7.99 from Amazon....can't link it here because I don't have enough posts but its made by OBLIQ.
    11-01-2015 06:07 PM
    When buying a case make sure you watch some reviews for it because some cases mess with the finger print scanner like the one their selling at T-Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ajb1965 likes this.
    11-01-2015 10:01 PM
    Where did you find it?

11-01-2015 10:32 PM
    Where did you find it?

Find what? If you are looking for cases and screen protectors for the V10 try Amazon and Ebay, there are many choices. On Amazon you can read some reviews if anybody has posted.
    11-02-2015 08:40 AM
    Hows the call quality? What carrier are you on in Pittsburgh. I live in Pittsburgh too and am on verizon and want to know if the signal and call quality is good. Thanks
    11-02-2015 09:08 AM
    Got my phone last night, replacing a Note 4. I had a speck candyshell on it, but it added to the size.
    I don't really want a case, but I find the basic body too smooth. Being that they tout the sturdiness of this phone I would like to have a minimal case, just to add some grip.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    11-03-2015 11:14 AM
    The Obliq looks likea decent case - it's soft rubber, slim fit - if that's what your looking for.
    Also the Verus looks like another good one. It's dual layered with a hard shell. I ordered both and I will post my opine after use.
    BTW - Pretty freakin awesome phone HUH? - Good Luck, Happy Hunting
    11-03-2015 12:01 PM
    The Obliq looks likea decent case - it's soft rubber, slim fit - if that's what your looking for.
    Also the Verus looks like another good one. It's dual layered with a hard shell. I ordered both and I will post my opine after use.
    BTW - Pretty freakin awesome phone HUH? - Good Luck, Happy Hunting
    I ordered the OBLIQ case because I like how it retains the look of the back of the phone. Amazon originally showed that it was shipping on 11/6 and now I see they changed it to 11/27. Still a good price for $7.99.
    11-03-2015 12:22 PM
    I ordered the OBLIQ case because I like how it retains the look of the back of the phone. Amazon originally showed that it was shipping on 11/6 and now I see they changed it to 11/27. Still a good price for $7.99.
    I ordered it last week for the same reason. I'm hoping the new date is just for new orders.
    11-03-2015 01:05 PM
    Mine is scheduled for shipping 11/9 - ordered on the 2nd
    11-03-2015 06:20 PM
    There is a concern that the fingerprint sensor doesn't work with a case that covers the steel side rails. Some are speculating that if you record your fingerprint while holding the side rails you need to be in contact with the rails for it to open.
    Is the fingerprint sensor working for anyone that has a case on now?
    11-04-2015 05:30 AM
    Probably not. Ive had my naked G3 since release, and it's taken some serious abuse. I work in a workshop, with my phone in my pocket. It gets a fair beating every day, and with the exception of a nicked corner and a barely noticable scratch on the back, it looks just like it did the day I got it. So if a "non-durable" phone holds up that good without a case, a durable one certainly will.

11-04-2015 06:35 AM
    Is the fingerprint sensor working for anyone that has a case on now?
    Yes. I'm using a spigen case and the fingerprint reader works perfectly.
    11-04-2015 06:45 AM
    Yes. I'm using a spigen case and the fingerprint reader works perfectly.
    That's good to know.
    Which Spigen case? (I have order in for the Slim Armor case with the kick-stand)
    Did you register your fingerprint before you got the case?
    Did you touch the side rails when you registered your fingerprint.
    V10 owners are saying that if the fingerprint was registered while touching the side rails then the hand will need to be touching the side rails to open.
    Obviously the hand won't be touching the side rails if the phone is in a case.
    But going with that logic it would seem to work fine if the fingerprint were registered while in the case and thus the hand is not in contact with the side rails.
    Here is the link to the thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...nt-killer.html
    Maybe you can add some insight.
    11-04-2015 07:16 AM
    I have the spigen ultra hybrid. I like it a lot.

I recorded my fingerprints with the case. I put it in the case before I had even turned it on. It has worked perfectly from the start.

Some people are having issues with their fingerprint readers and some are not. Many of the people who have issues are presenting them as if they are universal issues even though they clearly are not. Some people who have issues have fixed them by re-registering their prints with a case on.

It's hard to tell what percentage of people are impacted. It may be just a few people, or it may be most of the phones. At this point, there is no way to tell.
    MittenSportsFan likes this.
    11-04-2015 07:38 AM
    I have the spigen ultra hybrid. I like it a lot.

I recorded my fingerprints with the case. I put it in the case before I had even turned it on. It has worked perfectly from the start.

Some people are having issues with their fingerprint readers and some are not. Many of the people who have issues are presenting them as if they are universal issues even though they clearly are not. Some people who have issues have fixed them by re-registering their prints with a case on.

It's hard to tell what percentage of people are impacted. It may be just a few people, or it may be most of the phones. At this point, there is no way to tell.
    I think you answered my question with regard to the fingerprint reader.
    It seems to work if you register your finger print the way you will use your phone, case on or case off.
    if you are going to put a case on you should register your fingerprint with the case on.
    11-04-2015 07:51 AM
    That's probably good advice, but some people have reported failures that way too.
    11-04-2015 07:54 AM
    I think for those people that have gone generally case-less in the past, they are used to sitting their phone down carefully, putting it in their pocket a certain way, etc.

Those who have always had cases are going to be used to tossing their phone on the counter, and generally being less careful with their phone.

Bottom line: This phone is its own case. It may take you a couple weeks to get used to the heft and the feel of it, but after that, you should be used to it enough to not drop it except for the occasional accident, for which this phone is prepared more than any I've seen.
    11-04-2015 07:58 AM
    I agree with you in general. I mostly use a case for the price of mind related to the display.
    11-04-2015 07:59 AM
    I normally run my phones without a case but thought I'd try one with the V10 so I ordered the Spigen ultra thin. Mother thing is so slick I could barely hold the phone. I don't get it, they took a phone with decent ergonomics and a reasonable grip and ruined it.

Needless to say, the case is going back and I'll likely run it sans case.
    11-04-2015 08:18 AM
    Just got email from Amazon that my Obliq has shipped. Due in a week so must be from out of country.
    11-05-2015 02:31 PM
    Just got email from Amazon that my Obliq has shipped. Due in a week so must be from out of country.
    Mine went out today too. 2 things:

1) I ordered a monitor on Monday that gave a similar week to ten day deliver time. It showed on on Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed.
    2) I was looking at the web page today, and I think the case is better than i realized. I chiefly picked it because it was thin and black and the back looked cool. I didn't notice the grippy sides:

Getting a case for your LG V10?-715ywo0rjol._sl1500_.jpg

I think its going to be a great case.
    Hasbrobot likes this.
    11-05-2015 02:54 PM
    Deleted
    11-05-2015 09:13 PM
86 1234