So I switched from the G4...

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch on the day it was released on T-Mobile and got it a day after (very quick, Thanks T-Mobile) and so far I don't see my self going back to the G4 anytime soon, its blasting fast, screen is bigger and nicer, comfortable in hands, doesn't feel big at all, I just love it so far, let's see how long it will last! Cuz the G4 was faster from the G3 but that didn't hold true for to long!

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch on the day it was released on T-Mobile and got it a day after (very quick, Thanks T-Mobile) and so far I don't see my self going back to the G4 anytime soon, its blasting fast, screen is bigger and nicer, comfortable in hands, doesn't feel big at all, I just love it so far, let's see how long it will last! Cuz the G4 was faster from the G3 but that didn't hold true for to long!

Speed.....the only guarantee you get is that there will be a "faster" phone or device tomorrow! GRIN! As long as it doesn't lag or stutter, I'm good.

enrico_rusli

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I have few question
Does the interface on the ticker display stay the same all time or change according to the app you are opening ?
Is the sound coming from the speaker and headphone good ? How is the earphone that is coming with the phone ?

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have few question
Does the interface on the ticker display stay the same all time or change according to the app you are opening ?
Is the sound coming from the speaker and headphone good ? How is the earphone that is coming with the phone ?

Speaker is mediocre - on par with the Note 5.

Headphone is best on the market with an ESS DAC & AMP.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I went into TMo today to switch, but they didn't get their shipment in yet. I did get to toy with the demo unit for a bit, though. I was instantly amazed at how it felt thinner in my hand than the Note 4. I think it has to do with those round edges. I quite enjoy the rubber back. Seems like it'll help prevent slippage and also no fingerprints like some...other materials people are putting onto backs these days. >_> Overall, can't wait to get mine, hopefully later today!

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the insight! I'm really thinking about trading my G4 for this with Jump on demand. I wish T-Mobile had the white and gold model, but oh well.

I called a couple stores by me and they didn't have any stock yet. One of them took my number to call me when his shipment came in.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the insight! I'm really thinking about trading my G4 for this with Jump on demand. I wish T-Mobile had the white and gold model, but oh well.

I called a couple stores by me and they didn't have any stock yet. One of them took my number to call me when his shipment came in.

Yeah, the guy at the store i went to seemed surprised they didn't get them last night. Seems kind of weird that you'd have a release date for a phone and not have them in stock ahead of time. Plus the fact that my store's apparently only getting five. I know it's not an overly anticipated phone, but...only 5?

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I went in to get one this morning also and they hadn't received their shipment either. The rep said they usually get shipments before they even open in the morning. I'll call in a few to see if they are in.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The store just called me back and they had their shipment. They set one aside for me to pick up around noon, and they said they only got 4. You'd think they would get more.

The first store I called today didn't even know what I was talking about. They were like V10... uh... let me go check. And then like 4 minutes later came back to the phone and said they didn't have any and didn't even know if they'd get any.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The store just called me back and they had their shipment. They set one aside for me to pick up around noon, and they said they only got 4. You'd think they would get more.

The first store I called today didn't even know what I was talking about. They were like V10... uh... let me go check. And then like 4 minutes later came back to the phone and said they didn't have any and didn't even know if they'd get any.

Hope the guy calls me back soon, then. He was saying close to 1. I'll likely have to wait til after work to get it, tho.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have few question

There are a few screens on that display but one is the recent apps and it changes as soon as you open a app you will see that app front of the line
About the speaker its pretty good, sounds better clearer and louder from the G4
Headphones I didn't plug into it yet but did connect a LG Tone and sound great but so did it with the G4

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Update, I called around and finally found one at one of the bigger malls here and now I have a v10 in my possession, I'm happy.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Nothing gets me madder than when the rep of the stores has no clue about the launch of a new device. Why spend all the money on advertising and having the big "launch event" if the actual people in the stores who sell the phones have no clue? I blame the manager of the store.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I experienced the same at the two t-mobile stores I went to as well. Nobody knew about the LG promotion with the SD card, and I had to fill them in on the phone specs lol. As a former Windows phone enthusiast I have come to expect this though. If it's not Apple or Samsung most employees will be clueless.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The store I ended up getting mine from was pretty excited about it. They had all been playing with the demo unit and were impressed. Even the iPhone fans were like "come back on and let us know about it. I think I'm going to get this phone too."

Nothing gets me madder than when the rep of the stores has no clue about the launch of a new device. Why spend all the money on advertising and having the big "launch event" if the actual people in the stores who sell the phones have no clue? I blame the manager of the store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome