11-03-2015 08:48 PM
37 12
tools
    You know notifications aren't too big of an issue now. Between my smartwatch, LG Tone, and bluetooth connection when I'm driving, there are ways to be discreetly notified when it's on silent.

I had a Blackberry Classic as my backup phone recently and to be honest I didn't pay much attention to that notification light. Personally that was my favorite and most useful one too.

But yes, in case someone here is doing their research today, no notification light.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 08:13 AM
    If you already have music playing you can control the music player from the 2nd screen when the phone is locked. You just need to swipe left for the audio controls.
    Thanks man...you are right! I was only trying to swiping to the right, you need to go the other direction to get the player. I am loving the second screen for media control, especially when the phone is on!
    11-01-2015 09:24 AM
    Which Verizon model did you get? I'm really digging the white and gold one, I wish T-Mobile had it as well.

Also how does it compare to the Note 3?
    I got the black one..never been a white phone type. I like the V10 a lot more than the Note 3, not one thing that I miss from the old phone.
    ajb1965 and lrrowley like this.
    11-01-2015 09:41 AM
    If I double tap the screen to wake it up it asks for my knock code first but then I can use the fingerprint as well if I want. If you're accessing locked settings then it asks for my knock code and doesn't even give me the option for my fingerprint.
    Hmmm....I have my primary unlock as pattern. If I unlock the phone by a double tap it then wants me to use the fingerprint scanner. if I tap the screen a third time....then the grid is displayed to use the pattern unlock. By far the quickest method is to just push the button in the rear....two birds with one stone. I have setup both left and right index fingers and they both work great.
    lrrowley likes this.
    11-01-2015 09:50 AM
    Got mine from the store Friday (having traded in my Galaxy 5 (which had turn to mush the past 6 months) and this phone is great. Thanks for the tip on setting up both fingers, I'll be sure to do that. The 2nd screen is something I did not think would be as cool as it is, but wow it's nice. Wish you could adjust the brightness setting of it, but other than that, top notch!
    11-02-2015 08:15 AM
    I've had my V10 for 2 days now and I'm happy with it but not thrilled. The second screen needs major software updates, IMO.

The most disappointing thing about the second screen for me is that when the main screen is off, notifications flash by WAY too quickly, rendering the second screen essentially useless. Notifications should permanently stay there until you swipe it away. I have several sports apps that give notifications with a high amount of information in them, and it's impossible to read all the information when the software has the notification flash for only 1 or 2 seconds.

This has me then turning my screen on and checking the notification or unlocking my phone and checking it, which completely negates the purpose of the second screen. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also, the second screen is WAY too dim. Why is there no customizable backlight setting? Instead it uses an auto-dimmer which uses the sensor to determine how bright the second screen should be, which in my opinion is always too low. From an angle the second screen is completely non-visible.

So all in all, I would say the second screen has serious potential to be a game changer but with the current software, it's one notch above useless, in my opinion. Super dissapointed
    11-02-2015 03:01 PM
    Also, the second screen is WAY too dim. Why is there no customizable backlight setting? Instead it uses an auto-dimmer which uses the sensor to determine how bright the second screen should be, which in my opinion is always too low. From an angle the second screen is completely non-visible.
    Pick the phone up...the second screen either uses motion or face recognition and brightens up so it is readable...although they should change the delay for that to happen. I am loving the second screen...way better than an indicator light. And very functional when the rest of the phone is on.
    Leykis likes this.
    11-02-2015 05:37 PM
    Doesn't work. The backlight on my second screen only stays lit immediately after I lock the phone, and dims about 5 seconds after. It's almost totally un-readable on the dim setting depending on the light condition. No idea why this can't be user controlled, it's extremely frustrating
    11-02-2015 07:23 PM
    When mine dims its very readable. Maybe defective? But yeah I wish there were more settings.

11-02-2015 07:56 PM
    Got mine today... Blazing fast! Great pictures so far will post some soon. NO FREAKING HEADSET! WTH!

11-03-2015 08:35 PM
    Unless you are right next to the phone there is no way you are going to see the notification. The second screen also dims. I really wish they added a notification light
    You can go to accessibility and have the camera flash come on when a notification comes in.
    11-03-2015 08:43 PM
    I'm loving mine so far. I had a tough tough time choosing between this and the new Motorola droid turbo 2. Only cons so far is the battery life and no quick reply option when getting a text. I know there's third party apps but I would like the stock SMS to have quick reply.
    11-03-2015 08:48 PM
37 12