Just got a T-Mobile V10!

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So far I really like it. The pictures don't do it justice, and I especially like the matte black on the front compared to the glossy black on my old G4.

A few thoughts:
-This thing is FAST! Noticeably faster than the G4

-The "second screen" is cooler than I thought, and I can't wait to play around with it more

-The charger that came in the box is actually labeled "Fast Charger", which leads me to believe that its a real quick charge 2.0. Unlike the one that came with the G4

-The phone also tells you when its fast charging in the notification shade, which I appreciate

-The fingerprint scanner is kind of a bummer right now because all it does is unlock the screen. You're main source of security is still going to be a password/PIN/knock code etc. I really hope it gains functionality in marshmallow

-Mine didn't come with headphones in the box, which is what I've seen with other US carriers as well. But all the reviewers on YouTube got matching earbuds with their demo units.

-The screen is brilliant, and seems to be even better than the G4's in my opinion

If you have any questions or there's things you want to know about, let me know!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
+1

I am really liking this phone so far. A bit heavier than I was expecting, reminds me of my Lumia Icon (another awesome phone btw) weightwise.

Can't say for certain if it's any faster than the G4 or if it's just the oh my god a new phone syndrome where rainbows fly out of it, but it's definitely quick and smooth.

There are a few things different in the software than the G4, but that could be the 5.1.1 update rather than a UX update. Contacts can have unique SMS tones and the stock email app looks a little different. Nothing major but all good imho.

Posted via the Android Central App

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today exchanged from my g4 and luv it great screen and speed. Only thing missing wireless charging.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when I have the main screen off and pick up the phone, the second screen gets a little brighter. Guess it's the sensor on the front kicking in so that you can see the second screen better.
I really do like that second screen. I don't like wearing watches, so the ability to just pull the phone out of my pocket and see the time without pushing any buttons is great for me.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
When I was doing my rebate today for the extras, it said that the retail value for those things is $319 which probably isn't far off from actual cost. Man what a deal, a phone that cost $600 and then over $300 in free extras, wow.

witwer77

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Picked mine up from Verizon today...it is an awesome device! Peeps at Verizon didn't know much about it, in fact they had just got the demos out on display...and I was the one who told them about the extra battery/SD card promo. Was the first one to buy at that store. Coming from a Note 3...that I had for 22 months (longest ever with one phone, but I liked it) and am loving this LG. The sound is amazing through my Marley earbuds, and although you cannot control the player from the 2nd screen (with phone locked), just a quick double tap on the screen will access you player controls. Only problem I have had was syncing my Facebook data to contacts (fixed that with the sync.me app)...besides that is has been flawless. Build quality is awesome, this will probably be the first phone I have ever had and not use a case. Still debating getting a glass screen cover. Have had no problem with the fingerprint unlock, works every time. This phone is the shiz:

Awesome sound
Large Screen
Second Screen
Sexy....durable
Groufie!
Kick *** video
Light
:D

Last edited:

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The sound is amazing through my Marley earbuds, and although you cannot control the player from the 2nd screen (with phone locked), just a quick double tap on the screen will access you player controls.

If you already have music playing you can control the music player from the 2nd screen when the phone is locked. You just need to swipe left for the audio controls.

Mahmoud52

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
So only people who reviewed the device got a set of headphones? Lame.

Ik 😂 I was looking forward to getting these high end ear buds expecting to see it in box to my surprise no ear bud's in USA I believe only European and Korea get them in box and oh yeah all those reviewers on YouTube 😢

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Only the Korean version gets earbuds. That is the version the reviewers get. Europe doesn't even have a release date for this phone. It's very rare for USA to get headphones so if you see them in a review you should always assume you're not getting them in the future.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Talk a little bit about the finger print sensor. Can you wake up and unlock the phone in your pocket?

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its not like the new Nexus phones or the iPhone. If you touch the sensor it doesn't turn the phone on and unlock it. Like he said you still have to push the button and while you're finger is doing that it reads the print as well and unlocks it.
In the settings you can use your fingerprint print for locking items in the gallery and for PayPal, as well as the lock screen. But that's it. And the phone still considers fingerprint unlock secondary to other methods. You have to set up a different security method first before you can even access the fingerprint set up. If I double tap the screen to wake it up it asks for my knock code first but then I can use the fingerprint as well if I want. If you're accessing locked settings then it asks for my knock code and doesn't even give me the option for my fingerprint.

Yes you can, you have to press the home button and it's unlocked by the time the phone it's out of your pocket.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Which Verizon model did you get? I'm really digging the white and gold one, I wish T-Mobile had it as well.

Also how does it compare to the Note 3?

Picked mine up from Verizon today...it is an awesome device! Peeps at Verizon didn't know much about it, in fact they had just got the demos out on display...and I was the one who told them about the extra battery/SD card promo. Was the first one to buy at that store. Coming from a Note 3...that I had for 22 months (longest ever with one phone, but I liked it) and am loving this LG.
:D

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
So now that the US version is out, can anyone confirm if there is a RADIO FM Tuner?

It doesn't appear to be here. Funny because wasn't Legere saying he wanted all phones on t-mobile to have one?

Last edited:

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up mine from my local T-Mobile store...traded in my Note 5 for it. Love having the removable battery and expandable memory options back....and an IR blaster. Also love the second screen, wish it was at the bottom instead of the top but it functions almost like a Windows taskbar. More useful than the edge screen, imo.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante