11-03-2015 08:48 PM
37 12
tools

So far I really like it. The pictures don't do it justice, and I especially like the matte black on the front compared to the glossy black on my old G4.

A few thoughts:
    -This thing is FAST! Noticeably faster than the G4

-The "second screen" is cooler than I thought, and I can't wait to play around with it more

-The charger that came in the box is actually labeled "Fast Charger", which leads me to believe that its a real quick charge 2.0. Unlike the one that came with the G4

-The phone also tells you when its fast charging in the notification shade, which I appreciate

-The fingerprint scanner is kind of a bummer right now because all it does is unlock the screen. You're main source of security is still going to be a password/PIN/knock code etc. I really hope it gains functionality in marshmallow

-Mine didn't come with headphones in the box, which is what I've seen with other US carriers as well. But all the reviewers on YouTube got matching earbuds with their demo units.

-The screen is brilliant, and seems to be even better than the G4's in my opinion

If you have any questions or there's things you want to know about, let me know!
    MittenSportsFan likes this.
    10-30-2015 04:55 PM
    +1

I am really liking this phone so far. A bit heavier than I was expecting, reminds me of my Lumia Icon (another awesome phone btw) weightwise.

Can't say for certain if it's any faster than the G4 or if it's just the oh my god a new phone syndrome where rainbows fly out of it, but it's definitely quick and smooth.

There are a few things different in the software than the G4, but that could be the 5.1.1 update rather than a UX update. Contacts can have unique SMS tones and the stock email app looks a little different. Nothing major but all good imho.

Posted via the Android Central App
    lrrowley and bgbagz like this.
    10-30-2015 05:29 PM
    Congratulations! Still waiting on mine. I don't believe it's shipped yet. Pretty excited though!
    ajb1965 and lrrowley like this.
    10-30-2015 05:54 PM
    Got mine today exchanged from my g4 and luv it great screen and speed. Only thing missing wireless charging.

10-30-2015 09:15 PM
    I've noticed that when I have the main screen off and pick up the phone, the second screen gets a little brighter. Guess it's the sensor on the front kicking in so that you can see the second screen better.
    I really do like that second screen. I don't like wearing watches, so the ability to just pull the phone out of my pocket and see the time without pushing any buttons is great for me.
    lrrowley likes this.
    10-30-2015 09:56 PM
    When I was doing my rebate today for the extras, it said that the retail value for those things is $319 which probably isn't far off from actual cost. Man what a deal, a phone that cost $600 and then over $300 in free extras, wow.
    10-30-2015 10:00 PM
    Picked mine up from Verizon today...it is an awesome device! Peeps at Verizon didn't know much about it, in fact they had just got the demos out on display...and I was the one who told them about the extra battery/SD card promo. Was the first one to buy at that store. Coming from a Note 3...that I had for 22 months (longest ever with one phone, but I liked it) and am loving this LG. The sound is amazing through my Marley earbuds, and although you cannot control the player from the 2nd screen (with phone locked), just a quick double tap on the screen will access you player controls. Only problem I have had was syncing my Facebook data to contacts (fixed that with the sync.me app)...besides that is has been flawless. Build quality is awesome, this will probably be the first phone I have ever had and not use a case. Still debating getting a glass screen cover. Have had no problem with the fingerprint unlock, works every time. This phone is the shiz:

Awesome sound
    Large Screen
    Second Screen
    Sexy....durable
    Groufie!
    Kick *** video
    Light
    ajb1965, Mahmoud52 and lrrowley like this.
    10-30-2015 11:29 PM
    The sound is amazing through my Marley earbuds, and although you cannot control the player from the 2nd screen (with phone locked), just a quick double tap on the screen will access you player controls.
    If you already have music playing you can control the music player from the 2nd screen when the phone is locked. You just need to swipe left for the audio controls.
    10-31-2015 01:36 AM
    So only people who reviewed the device got a set of headphones? Lame.
    lrrowley likes this.
    10-31-2015 03:29 AM
    So only people who reviewed the device got a set of headphones? Lame.
    Ik 😂 I was looking forward to getting these high end ear buds expecting to see it in box to my surprise no ear bud's in USA I believe only European and Korea get them in box and oh yeah all those reviewers on YouTube 😢

lrrowley likes this.
    10-31-2015 07:10 AM
    Only the Korean version gets earbuds. That is the version the reviewers get. Europe doesn't even have a release date for this phone. It's very rare for USA to get headphones so if you see them in a review you should always assume you're not getting them in the future.
    lrrowley and Mahmoud52 like this.
    10-31-2015 08:01 AM
    Talk a little bit about the finger print sensor. Can you wake up and unlock the phone in your pocket?

lrrowley likes this.
    10-31-2015 10:38 AM
    Talk a little bit about the finger print sensor. Can you wake up and unlock the phone in your pocket?

Yes you can, you have to press the home button and it's unlocked by the time the phone it's out of your pocket.
    lrrowley and Shuckster like this.
    10-31-2015 10:41 AM
    Will be getting mine for $380 Got to love having the special contacts.
    lrrowley likes this.
    10-31-2015 10:48 AM
    Yeah its not like the new Nexus phones or the iPhone. If you touch the sensor it doesn't turn the phone on and unlock it. Like he said you still have to push the button and while you're finger is doing that it reads the print as well and unlocks it.
    In the settings you can use your fingerprint print for locking items in the gallery and for PayPal, as well as the lock screen. But that's it. And the phone still considers fingerprint unlock secondary to other methods. You have to set up a different security method first before you can even access the fingerprint set up. If I double tap the screen to wake it up it asks for my knock code first but then I can use the fingerprint as well if I want. If you're accessing locked settings then it asks for my knock code and doesn't even give me the option for my fingerprint.

Yes you can, you have to press the home button and it's unlocked by the time the phone it's out of your pocket.
    Shuckster and Mahmoud52 like this.
    10-31-2015 11:25 AM
    Will be getting mine for $380 Got to love having the special contacts.
    That's awesome. It's already a great phone but at that price it's even better
    10-31-2015 11:26 AM
    Which Verizon model did you get? I'm really digging the white and gold one, I wish T-Mobile had it as well.

Also how does it compare to the Note 3?

Picked mine up from Verizon today...it is an awesome device! Peeps at Verizon didn't know much about it, in fact they had just got the demos out on display...and I was the one who told them about the extra battery/SD card promo. Was the first one to buy at that store. Coming from a Note 3...that I had for 22 months (longest ever with one phone, but I liked it) and am loving this LG.
    10-31-2015 11:40 AM
    So now that the US version is out, can anyone confirm if there is a RADIO FM Tuner?
    10-31-2015 03:52 PM
    So now that the US version is out, can anyone confirm if there is a RADIO FM Tuner?
    It doesn't appear to be here. Funny because wasn't Legere saying he wanted all phones on t-mobile to have one?

10-31-2015 04:07 PM
    Just picked up mine from my local T-Mobile store...traded in my Note 5 for it. Love having the removable battery and expandable memory options back....and an IR blaster. Also love the second screen, wish it was at the bottom instead of the top but it functions almost like a Windows taskbar. More useful than the edge screen, imo.
    10-31-2015 07:23 PM
    Just picked up mine from my local T-Mobile store...traded in my Note 5 for it. Love having the removable battery and expandable memory options back....and an IR blaster. Also love the second screen, wish it was at the bottom instead of the top but it functions almost like a Windows taskbar. More useful than the edge screen, imo.
    Same. Traded in the note 5 and I loved the note 5!

lrrowley and ajb1965 like this.
    10-31-2015 07:42 PM
    Same. Traded in the note 5 and I loved the note 5!

I myself was trading in my samsung note 5 from tmobile but after having the lg v10 phone for one day and playing with it I was happy I didn't reset my samsung note 5 lol as much as I don't agree with Alot of samsung note issues I can't lie but the Samsung note 5 by far imo is the best ph to this day. I wanted to keep the lg v10 phone I really did but after comparing speakers and screen brightness samsung note 5 is top notch so I'm returning the lg ph keeping my note 5. I loved everything about the lg the size and weight plus removable battery plus extra storage I really didn't use those features and no one here said anything about the lg don't have any notification light's lol

11-01-2015 12:53 AM
    and no one here said anything about the lg don't have any notification light's lol
    Notification lights aren't really necessary when you have a 2nd screen at the top, that is on at all times, showing you notifications for new messages and what not.
    11-01-2015 01:14 AM
    Notification lights aren't really necessary when you have a 2nd screen at the top, that is on at all times, showing you notifications for new messages and what not.
    Unless you are right next to the phone there is no way you are going to see the notification. The second screen also dims. I really wish they added a notification light
    Mahmoud52 likes this.
    11-01-2015 01:52 AM
    I agree about missing the notification light. Unless you're looking head-on at the phone the 2nd screen is dim. When the phone is off to the side, it's hard to see what kind or if there are any notifications if you miss the initial ones.
    Mahmoud52 likes this.
    11-01-2015 07:35 AM
37 12