stuttering, lagging, bogging down....

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say this as I really want to love this phone, but this phone get overwhelmed easily. Fast scrolling, flicking through pics, swiping through pages.... It will lag almost on demand. Screen becomes unresponsive and you have to wait 4-5 second and then a flicker and your good again. I loved this phone for the camera, audio, build factor, looks, my last two phones( HTC M8 & Nexus 6) they had issues too... Htc the camera! And Nexus 6...well.... Must of us know the pains of a nexus bug the google refuses to acknowledge !!!! But the HTC was best performer over all( except camera) FDR and see if it helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
When I first took mine out of the box and got it setup I had some stuttering when playing flick shoot 2, but it must have still been updating apps because it went away after a while. It has been rock solid ever since with no lag whatsoever. Even when my recent app carousel looks like wheel of fortune I notice zero lag switching between apps. Perhaps you have a bad device, or possibly a rogue app with a memory leak.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
This is not what i want to hear.. Are you a power user??
Do you frequently multi-task... Do you clear apps from memory from time to time?

Did you restore data (sms... Call logs.... Apps data.... Settings.. From a previous phone

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been really fast so far, in fact probably faster than the G4 I had before it. And the G4 wasn't a slouch or anything, but it just seems like the V10 is snappier.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on day 2 with Verizon. This thing is lightening quick for me. Anyone having cell signal issues? My V10 seems to have a very weak radio in it.

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes some signal issues where others around me have full bars. I really love everything about the v10... Just hate how the old m8 still runs circles with no bog down. With that said, it's still one of the best phones out there. Just have to figure out this lag issue.... Seems to only be me. Camera... Awesome, cell signal... Hmm OK...well see, build is super, headphone sound plenty and awesome. Good feel in hand. Many say it's too heavy???? It feels just right, I lift much heavier objects all day.. To me it feels.... Actually Perfect. Just the very apparent lag and you can big it down easily.... I may have to exchange this unit since everyone seems to not suffer this issue

damiand2002

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I have the tmobile version and it works great. Super fast no lag whatsoever. Very happy with this phone.battery life has been great so far.

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't have any lag. A few times yesterday it froze in me where I had to pull the battery. One of those times I could unlock the phone but couldn't tap on anything. I pressed and held the power button so the menu pops up (shut down, restart, etc) and it popped up but I couldn't select anything. Out the battery went and everything was good again.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any lag issues at this time, but, I did have some app issues. What I found was that in the backup and restore settings, restore app settings when reinstalling was enabled and set as the default. I unchecked that box, uninstalled the apps that were misbehaving, reinstalled them and all was well.

You may want to try this if you have misbehaving apps or other issues. I'm going to uninstall most the the apps I have installed and reinstall them with the restore app settings/ /data disabled.

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm on day 2 with Verizon. This thing is lightening quick for me. Anyone having cell signal issues? My V10 seems to have a very weak radio in it.

My experience as well. I love the phone but the cell signal strength is very poor. I live in a fringe area and am coming from an iPhone 6 Plus. The iPhone generally was a reasonably strong 3G and occasional LTE signal depending on where I was in the house. The V10 thus far has mostly been a pretty weak 3G.

As I said, I love the phone but it might be going back based on the quality of the radio.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
My experience as well. I love the phone but the cell signal strength is very poor. I live in a fringe area and am coming from an iPhone 6 Plus. The iPhone generally was a reasonably strong 3G and occasional LTE signal depending on where I was in the house. The V10 thus far has mostly been a pretty weak 3G.

As I said, I love the phone but it might be going back based on the quality of the radio.

Isn't that new Qualcom antenna boost supposed to be on this phone? I haven't really been able to test my signal strength yet but I will tomorrow at the office.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The antenna has been the same as my G4, but that's not saying much since they have the same internals. So it's possible it hasn't been tat great for me and I don't even realize it.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Also, for comparison I have my G3 and my HTC One M8 work phone that are both on Verizon. The G3 has trouble switching from 1X or 3G back to LTE. Finding much weaker cell signal on V10 compared to M8.

hockeymn25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
This will be deal breaker for me if true. V10 is supposed be be qualcom signal enhanced. Maybe Verizon is ruining it

Last edited:

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Really? That's unfortunate.

My V10 has been running really smoothly. It's day 3 and I've had one slow down so far and I was in a poor service area, so I think it was "searching". Outside of that, it's been really really responsive.

But I am coming from a G3. Maybe the difference is just noticeable enough to make me think this phone is on speed.

Let us know how it works in the next few days. It would be great to hear if it's sped up/smoothed out at all.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile. I get one more bar at work now. Signal was terrible before, manageable now.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have not experienced a single stutter! The phone is just as smooth, if not smoother than my s6 edge plus.