Finger print killer....

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got the V10 and love the phone however the fingerprint scanner does not work at all with the incipio case sold at T-Mobile...

Anyone using a case which allows the scanner to work flawlessly?

There have been reports that if you delete and rescan your print it will work.

waydavis

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Make sure that your fingers and the Power/Lock Key are clean and dry.

Moisture, lotions, sweat, oils, cut or dry skin might affect fingerprint recognition.

Certain activities can also temporarily affect fingerprint recognition, including exercising, showering, swimming, cooking or other conditions or changes that affect your fingerprint.

Cover the Power/lock Key completely. Don't press too quickly or move your finger while it is scanning.

As you use the fingerprint, it will continue to learn and improve recognition of your fingerprint.

bluephi1914

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I confirmed this issue with a LG rep... via chat session.

They told me to stop using the case and that they are aware of the problem

Last edited:

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
There is an software up date coming out (for T Mobile anyways)... so it is my belief It is not about the physical touching of the rails.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Ringke clear TPU case (very thin) and the fingerprint scanner works..........it is not 100% but it works about 70% of the time on the first attempt. I don't believe the reliability of the fingerprint scanner has anything to do with touching the metal rails. I do believe that the case does sometimes interfere with me placing my finder correctly so it can be read by the scanner. I notice that if I lift my finger and touch again firmly (not enough to turn off the screen) I generally have success on the second attempt. I also believe this situation could be resolved by a software tweak. My 2 cents.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Just received my cheapie case I ordered online. Fingerprint scanner works perfectly just like it did with no case. I did not have to reset the fingerprint scan after I put the case on. The metal side rails have nothing to do with the fingerprint scanner on my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo