01-05-2018 12:11 PM
67 123
tools
    Still good, not one time has it popped up since marshmallow.
    03-30-2016 07:36 PM
    Still good, not one time has it popped up since marshmallow.
    Me either. I listened to music with my suspect headphones the other day and sat there for 10 minutes plugging and unplugging to be sure.
    03-31-2016 08:52 AM
    I'm glad that Marshmallow fixed this for some of you, but it didn't for my v10.

I have the same problem - my Koss PortaPros, Phillips earbuds, and any Aux cord is recognized as a headset, and toggles Google Now or playback controls when the cord is slightly bumped. Without fail.

I've sent my phone in to the LG repair center TWICE now.
    The first time, they replaced the headphone jack and it didn't fix the problem at all.
    Second time around, they replaced the whole motherboard. The problem disappeared for about 4 weeks before returning in full force - about a week after updating to Marshmallow.
    The suggested actions in this thread do not work, neither does running a full factory restore.
    I've had it with LG. I paid nearly $800 for this phone and I can't even listen to music on it.
    05-11-2016 09:54 PM
    I'm glad that Marshmallow fixed this for some of you, but it didn't for my v10.

I have the same problem - my Koss PortaPros, Phillips earbuds, and any Aux cord is recognized as a headset, and toggles Google Now or playback controls when the cord is slightly bumped. Without fail.

I've sent my phone in to the LG repair center TWICE now.
    The first time, they replaced the headphone jack and it didn't fix the problem at all.
    Second time around, they replaced the whole motherboard. The problem disappeared for about 4 weeks before returning in full force - about a week after updating to Marshmallow.
    The suggested actions in this thread do not work, neither does running a full factory restore.
    I've had it with LG. I paid nearly $800 for this phone and I can't even listen to music on it.
    Mine has popped up the Google Prompt a few times since I posted my message. So, I guess it isn't fixed? I'll edit the thread title.
    05-12-2016 04:16 PM
    haven't seen it on mine since marshmallow and I plug things into mine every single day.
    05-12-2016 09:30 PM
    settings/language and keyboard/google voice typing/"ok google" detection. Enabled "from any screen". Did the voice training (say ok google 3x).

fixed this issue. for 10 min so far
    06-12-2016 07:25 AM
    I also have this issue and it's driving me crazy. This is a $800 phone for God's sake. How could they buy such a cheap audio port??

Especially since they tout the phone's audio DAC. If any one knows a fix please help.

Not even apps are able to block the headset commands. Believe me, I tried.

I dunno if it's helpful but the most common interruption actually even causes the hi-fi DAC to turn off. This suggests there's a full disconnect going on. Not just the headset commands.

Using Android 5.1

settings/language and keyboard/google voice typing/"ok google" detection. Enabled "from any screen". Did the voice training (say ok google 3x).

fixed this issue. for 10 min so far
    Does not work for me
    07-01-2016 04:05 PM
    I have had the issue with the google voice thing. One kind of a fix is to only use a pair of headphones that comes with a mic. Everytime I use headphones with a mic I never have this problem. I hope this helps someone.
    08-17-2016 10:50 PM
    Anyone who's interested should star this issue with Google maybe they can do something about it, eh?

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...orter%20Opened
    10-05-2016 12:24 PM
    So i fixed it on my end by simply disabling the Google App completely.

So... thats an option.
    03-01-2017 01:58 AM
    Awful. Awful system whose Idea was this? I searched everywhere for the answer they all told me to do the same thing so I went to Google settings already and did all that crap and it's still happening. This is what usually happens: I'm watching a YouTube video and suddenly I slightly move my earbud wire and Google Voice starts and when I back out it starts playing something I was previously listening to on Google play. This happens so often and it has gotten so frustrating to the point that I'm thinking of ditching Android all together and just getting an iPhone just because of how annoying this feature is. If it's also on IPhone then fml. I've had this issue on other Android phones but this one does it ten times more often. Atrocious feature. If this continues to happen, they're gonna be losing a customer.
    03-10-2017 01:14 AM
    I have some Bose over-ear headphones that I've been using for years and years with no issue. But every time I plug them into the LG V10, the Google Voice Input screen shows up (part of Google Now I believe). If my phone is locked, it starts talking to me about the things I can say into my microphone.

This is ridiculous, because this is as basic of a set of headphones as you can get, and clearly not a headset. It has 3 conductors (2 rings on the male 3.5mm connection). Headsets have 4 conductors (3 rings on the male 3.5mm connection). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this stop and it is driving me crazy.

03/28/2016 Edit: Marshmallow (Android 6.0) update has fixed this issue for me!
    05/12/2016 Edit: No it didn't.
    04-11-2017 05:37 PM
    This issue is one of the main reasons I decided to switch to a Galaxy S8. It may not sound quite as good or power hard to power headphones but for on the go with in ear headphones it sounds just fine and the headphone jack seems to have no issues. No Google pop ups and no songs skipping while the phone is in my pocket.

Ridiculous that the phone has such a good DAC and amp yet it has such a dumb issue that makes it so inconvenient to use.
    05-06-2017 10:17 PM
    I've been using standard apple earbuds on my Samsung Galaxy S7 for the past few months but within the last few days every time they're plugged in my phone will turn the volume up and down by itself, close apps, ghost tap and take me to google voice control. Would getting new headphones fix it? Or is it a problem with the phone itself?
    06-09-2017 11:17 PM
    Your Android phone is just protesting the Apple technology. LOL
    Andrew Bonner likes this.
    06-12-2017 01:43 PM
    Don't hear anything back from the headphones
    08-13-2017 09:41 AM
    I did what you stated here and it worked for me. I will still act up if I don't plug in headphones properly. I noticed that the little headphone symbol at the top of my phone, if plugged in correctly, will show just headphones but if not, than it will show it with a microphone as well.
    01-05-2018 12:11 PM
67 123