In the past I've used shut app with my old note 4. Recently it was pointed out to me that programs like this really don't make a difference as they use up battery themselves. What do most of you do? Is a battery saving program a good idea? Has anyone used one that they feel makes a real difference?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2015 06:11 AM
    I don't use any. I don't feel they work.

11-06-2015 06:50 AM
    Thanks

11-06-2015 07:36 AM
    Most of the built in battery saving features of the new phones have made those apps obsolete.
    That and just common sense.
    Don't have unnecessary apps running in background and keep screen brightness reasonable.
    The screen on time is what drains battery most so if the power drain is minimized when the screen is on you get more life.
    11-06-2015 08:07 AM
    Most of the built in battery saving features of the new phones have made those apps obsolete.
    That and just common sense.
    Don't have unnecessary apps running in background and keep screen brightness reasonable.
    The screen on time is what drains battery most so if the power drain is minimized when the screen is on you get more life.
    Ok but do I have to keep going into app manager and clearing data? So far I've had google chrome and you tube stop working and I've had to go clear the app data. I've only had the phone since last Sunday so that seems odd

11-06-2015 08:31 AM
    Ok but do I have to keep going into app manager and clearing data? So far I've had google chrome and you tube stop working and I've had to go clear the app data. I've only had the phone since last Sunday so that seems odd

It may be something going on with Chrome and You tube (both Google properties). I have had both stop recently on other devices (iPhone 6+ and Moto Turbo).
    I try to keep only a few apps open at any one time.
    11-06-2015 09:33 AM
    It may be something going on with Chrome and You tube (both Google properties). I have had both stop recently on other devices (iPhone 6+ and Moto Turbo).
    I try to keep only a few apps open at any one time.
    Thanks. I try to close all after I use them also

11-06-2015 01:58 PM