Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

11-09-2016 11:48 AM
174 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I'm still confused about this case issue. I first read that you had to been touching the metal sides for the FPS to work. I tried to scan my finger on my first V10 without touching the metal sides and I could not get the scanner to read. So I thought I'd go caseless... until my screen cracked.

My new V10 just got put in a cheap gel case from Amazon the FPS work just fine.
    11-20-2015 06:47 PM
    Tony, is this the third V10 you are on?
    Is the bleed any better on this new one?
    The V10 I purchased had severe light bleed but it was only noticeable in a very dark room.
    This is my second V10. It has the same issue as the first one, just not as bad.

I am almost thinking that LG put the light source for the second screen on the left side (to the right of the front facing cameras) which is why we get such a bad flashlight effect when the second screen is on, but the main screen is off.

No way around this, just a bad design. Probably wasn't enough room to put a light source behind the screen. At least mine doesn't leak down onto the main screen now.
    11-20-2015 09:26 PM
    Aren't there some smart solving problem people in these forums? ☺

I have 2 workarounds that work 100% of the time for people with flexible cases. I have a flexible TPU case.

1. Peel the case back slightly so that your thumb can touch it while using the fingerprint reader.

2. Cut a section off the edge of your case so that the side metal piece can be touched or cut out a middle section of the side so that the side metal piece can be touched.

Just thinking the case issue could be a second layer of wanted security from a girl who wanted to touch the phone to your finger to get into it when you are sleeping. But, having to hold the phone in your hand where only a section of the metal is exposed to touch may prevent snooping while you're sleeping. 👍

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Some cases don't work with V10 fingerprint reader. Name your case and if it works or not.-20151123_022819.jpg  
    11-23-2015 01:42 AM
    My gel case works fine. I wouldn't cut a case to expose the metal sides. The metal sides appear to be the most likely cause of a cracked screen

Waldo Posted via the Android Central App
    11-23-2015 01:53 AM
    My gel case works fine. I wouldn't cut a case to expose the metal sides. The metal sides appear to be the most likely cause of a cracked screen

Waldo Posted via the Android Central App
    The amount of section I'm suggesting to cut off from the case in solution 2 is so small it would not make a difference if dropped. I'm talking milimeters from the front edge. Just enough for your skin to touch. The case wraps around to the front and cutting off just a slight amount from the front wouldn't make a difference. Also the section I'm talking about cutting from the middle wouldn't make a difference either as there would be casing around the section that would absorb impact first when dropped. You're counterpoint doesn't hold water. 👎

The solutions I offered above work!

waldolake likes this.
    11-23-2015 02:07 AM
    Maybe a ok workaround, but my gel case works without any modification.
    11-23-2015 08:36 PM
    I've got the verizon case that has the belt holster. It doesn't work if I try it from the sides but works perfectly if I place my finger on from the top

I have that case. How do you like it? I love the grippy feel. I don't use the holster part..to hard to get the phone free.

11-23-2015 11:19 PM
    Electrical contact story is nonsense. I tried opening with FPR without touching sides. It worked. Today I got cheap Oblique 7.99 case in and the FPR works great with this case. No electrical contract needed. That is crap.

I also read review on DroidLife where the reviewed said Samsung FPR's are better since they unlock and open on just a press. I found on my V10 a press and hold on the power button does the same thing.

Ignore the electrical contact needed. Don't know how that got started. But I bet somewhere, probably the guy who used foil, there is someone laughing their **** off at the traction that nonsense has received.
    No, it's not nosense. Not all phones have the problem, genius.
    11-24-2015 01:30 PM
    Aren't there some smart solving problem people in these forums? ☺

I have 2 workarounds that work 100% of the time for people with flexible cases. I have a flexible TPU case.

1. Peel the case back slightly so that your thumb can touch it while using the fingerprint reader.

2. Cut a section off the edge of your case so that the side metal piece can be touched or cut out a middle section of the side so that the side metal piece can be touched.

Just thinking the case issue could be a second layer of wanted security from a girl who wanted to touch the phone to your finger to get into it when you are sleeping. But, having to hold the phone in your hand where only a section of the metal is exposed to touch may prevent snooping while you're sleeping.

Ahhh..... wasn't this a Vine clip on you tube?????

11-30-2015 12:07 AM
    Confirmed the Urban Armor Gear LG V10 case DOES work with the fingerprint scanner. There is an engineered cutout pattern that allow your fingers to naturally touch the metal sides when holding the device.
    Here's a close up.

Some cases don't work with V10 fingerprint reader. Name your case and if it works or not.-uag-lg-v10-case-closeup.jpg
    11-30-2015 06:52 PM
    No, it's not nosense. Not all phones have the problem, genius.
    Irony, calling someone genius without being able to spell nonsense.
    ajb1965 and kixfan like this.
    11-30-2015 08:10 PM
    Irony, calling someone genius without being able to spell nonsense.
    There is a big difference in not knowing how to spell something, and a typo. Sorry, I'm not perfect like you "THINK" you are.
    11-30-2015 10:16 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    12-01-2015 01:46 PM
    uh, mine works, same case from att
    12-02-2015 07:41 PM
    I have the Spigen Rugged Armor case and after a week I noticed that the textured material is starting to rub off. It's ever so slightly noticeable. I see it when I am standing in bright light. If I rub it with my finger a few times it gets worse.

Anyone else notice this?

12-02-2015 09:36 PM
    Nope. Get the oblique case
    12-03-2015 06:36 PM
    I just got this case:

Amazon.com: LG V10 Case, Spigen® [Ultra Hybrid] AIR CUSHION [Crystal Clear] Clear back panel + TPU bumper for LG V10 (2015) - Crystal Clear (SGP11792): Electronics

seems to work fine with the fps.

I also got this for the screen:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s01

boy, talk about easy to install. And it doesn't fight with the case; they work well together.
    12-03-2015 10:41 PM
    I'm using the spigen liquid case which is basically a plastic tpu case. My finger print reader works great. Sometimes it doesn't work but works better than with my otterbox
    12-04-2015 09:36 PM
    Confirmed the Urban Armor Gear LG V10 case DOES work with the fingerprint scanner. There is an engineered cutout pattern that allow your fingers to naturally touch the metal sides when holding the device.
    Here's a close up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uag-lg-v10-case-closeup.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	207822
    Is that the Ash or Clear case?

Where can we see more pictures of the UAG with the phone in the case?
    12-05-2015 12:19 PM
    I have the Outterbox Defender. FPS is a no go.

Attached Thumbnails Some cases don't work with V10 fingerprint reader. Name your case and if it works or not.-otterbox-defender.jpg  
    12-27-2015 10:28 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4920017
    I got this one and it works fine. And plus the case looks and feels like the original back.
    But no kickstand. Do you wish you had one? Sometimes my fingerprint scanner doesn't work and I have no case.

12-28-2015 01:41 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4920046
    I got this one and it works fine. And plus the case looks and feels like the original back.
    Got the same exact one and the FPS has been consistently working
    12-28-2015 01:51 PM
    Works

Attached Thumbnails Some cases don't work with V10 fingerprint reader. Name your case and if it works or not.-3283.jpg  
    12-28-2015 10:33 PM
    Never have been a fan of kickstand cases, but have been thinking about getting this one considering it comes in black and gold. Saints fan here
    They have other colors also.
    http://www.amazon.com/Case-CASEFORME...cUvbUpU4922591
    12-29-2015 08:22 PM
    The Obliq is a minimalist case the at work well with the FPS.
    12-29-2015 09:21 PM
174 ... 23456 ...