And the verdict is.... V10 wins over Nexus 6P and Moto DROID TURBO 2

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm a self-admitted phone freak. And with so many great phones entering the fray in the last month, I ordered/received 3 different phones within the same week so that I could test/use them all within the same return period. Only one would win, the other 2 would be returned for refund.

The phones: Nexus 6p, LG V10, Moto Droid Turbo 2. I won't go into full reviews of each, but rather give you an abridged version of what I liked and didn't like.

The Turbo 2: Really like the Moto features. Battery life wasn't miles ahead of the other two. The design is 'clunky'... very wide in the hand making it just as difficult to use one handed as the other 2 phones that had larger screens. The 810 didn't seem any snappier than the 808. Wireless charging is always a plus.

The Nexus 6p: Great form-factor, nice and slim, and feels very premium. Camera is good/acceptable. Screen is beautiful, and the phone has some great future-proof features: USB-C, fingerprint scanner. Vanilla Android (Good/Bad - see my comments below)

The LG V10: Premium feel, very nice feeling rubberized/tire tread back. Screen is nice, and the secondary screen isn't a gimmick. Much more useful than Ambient Display. Fingerprint scanner works well. Starts off at 64GB internal, with SD Card slot. Swappable Battery. It's big - it's basically the same size as the Nexus6p with a TPU case. It's snappy... I think the 4GB of RAM really makes this fast and smooth in games versus the 810 on the other phones with only 3GB. Option for putting a wireless back (As Michael Fisher from PocketNow said: Wireless Charging is never NOT cool).

Final Verdict: I decided to keep the LG V10 and return the other 2. I gave each phone 2-3 days as my daily driver. I just feel the V10 offered the best experience along with features that I actually wanted and would use. It's a very beautiful/premium feeling phone in the hand. And now my comment about the software... it turns out that I'm not a huge fan of vanilla Android. There's just too many features that are handled by OEM skins like LG's that are a head-scratcher as to why they are not in vanilla Android. Example: Separate volumes for notifications and ringtones. Ability to customize the home screen buttons (I'm right handed... I like the 'BACK' button on the right, not the left as it's the button I use the most). These are just a few, but there's half a dozen more little things that set it apart. Honestly, I know I won't get the fastest updates, but I'm willing to wait 4-6 months after a new Android release to get it from LG (with the added features I like).

Anyway, I've got nothing against the 6p. It's a great phone. Had the V10 not come along at the same time, it would have been my choice.

Mickfl

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the 6p in my cart 3 times but went with the LG v10 over quality concerns with that manufacturer, clearly I made the right choice but I do miss stock Droid.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jimmy Jaymes

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I agree. I had the Samsung S6 and the extra GB makes a huge difference in daily tasks. Apps just open and close more smoothly, with no lag. This is a phone you definitely don't need to buy a case for. Feels strong and sturdy in your hand. There's no pocket bending here. It has a military rating for drop scratch and dent resistance. It has no problems with 4 ft drops on cement, according to tests. I do like the second screen for recent apps, and showing you the time when the screen is off. You don't have to press a button to see the time.Their dual app window and Qslide (transparent app on top of other apps) option is nice. The display is gorgeous and rates above the 6p in brightness. Bottom line is, anyone who buys this phone will not regret their choice.

Last edited:

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Which had the better signal strength/reception?

Although the Motorolas are supposed to be known for stronger radios, all 3 devices seemed to me on equal footing. I work deep inside a building with a lot of hilly area around the building. This has been a good gauge for me as far as radio quality goes as I've had phones that dropped into 3G where I sit. All 3 phones in my little review gave me 2 bars of LTE.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay