Does the V10 screen scratch easily?

ShamusMcGonnigal

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Yess. I baby my phone and it scratched on day 3 (medium depfh scratch) not sure what from. I guess I will fet a tempered glass cover. I noticed i got 3 more hairlike scratches the last few weeks. Id say it scratches as easier than GG3, its slightly more prone to scratches. GG4 does not seem like an improvement:(

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I also have several hairline scratches and one larger one. I've been careful and the phone has never been dropped and never in the same pocket as the keys. You can only see them if the light and angle is correct, but I know they are there and it bugs the crap out of me lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I had mine without a case or screen protector for a few days after I got it. I tend to set my phone face down on tables, etc. Even though I was very careful, I did get a couple of scratches during that time. I had not dropped the phone or set it on rough surfaces. The scratches are not very noticeable but I do wish I had put on a cheap screen protector right from the start. Phone now has a screen protector and case.

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

yes!!!!

I'm not going to straight up say it's the phone's fault BUT this is the FIRST phone I've ever had to have scratches like this.

I decided to upgrade from the Note 3 and was going to go to Note 5 but was dissapointed with the lack of removable battery and storage (those reasons alone is why i had never opted to try iPhone) I had the phone less than 48 hours. I opted not to spend 50 bucks on a glass protector there and instead promptly go home and order one (as well as a case) on amazon. On the morning of the second day I had a meeting with my daughters teachers. I had looked at my phone a few times that morning and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. As i sat down i pulled the phone out and laid it on the table. it kept lighting up so i turned it over onto the glass. The alarm had went off 3 times and all 3 times i picked the phone up and silenced it or tried to anyway (it's LG and I"m not used to it's layout or controls) By the end of the meeting I picked up my phone and went to turn it on and the light hit just right and I saw it. It was HORRIBLE! it wasn't like just one or two scratches... it had looked like I put it in a bag with some nails or something with scratches a few rather deep in the center third portion of the phone. I immediately got a sick feeling in my stomach.

NEVER HAVE I HAD A SCREEN SCRATCH LIKE THAT... I later remembered that while I was wearing a hoodi i stuck the phone and my keys in the front pocket BUT I had always made sure my phone was facing the inside and the keys were on the out.l I don't know if maybe one brief moment it wasn't facing that way and the keys got it but it was atrocious.

Fortunantly my AT&T store said they would graciously take it back within the 14 day period. Make me pay a 35.00 restocking fee and i had to return it for the black one. (which i was ok with because i had regrets with getting the green blue one in the first place. But I had to go to a different store because they didn't have a black one. The manager there was also super nice. and had a rep help me in replacing it. I had asked about getting the glass protector on it before i left the store and they were out so I went BACK to my original store (the whole time the phone is still in the box... I was taking NO CHANCES) I got a glass and everything was fine..

Until later that night when I noticed that the at&t rep that put the glass on kind of used too much pressure and managed to do something at the edge where it kept saying i had headphones in. so back to the store I went where they replaced my phone and the glass i just purchased. So here we are. So far so good.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have almost never used a screen protector. Although I see their benefit and I think it's a worth-while investment, then just never seem to last more than a week or three before the edges start to lift and dust/dirt gets under it making it unsightly.

Every phone is kept in the same left front pocket with my keys. I don't get anything like the stuff you guys/gals are getting until the phone has seen about a year of use ... and even then, it's just fine, hair-line or "spyder web line" across the screen.

I've had this phone for a week now. It's been through the normal work week and then more as this time of year is filled with Xmas and Holiday parties so it goes from jeans during the day to slacks or suit pants at night. I say this to show the varied amount of environments (tight(ish) jeans to lose slacks) and the abuse a phone would take walking and or even dancing with a phone and keys in the pocket.

I read this thread and I get scared ... I take the phone out to examine it under a light bulb, then into the sun, and even into the garage where my sports car is kept and I've those crazy lights that show imperfections in the paint when polishing and waxing.

I am proud to say the glass on my LG V10 from Verizon ... is PERFECT. Sincerely.

I don't ever put my phone face down and I usually keep the face of the phone toward my leg when in my pants. Maybe this is all that's required.

However - my friend ALWAYS has one of the 'glass' screen protectors and magically, it never has an edge lift and looks like it's was put on yesterday, even though it's been over 6 months. It was dropped last week and the screen protector cracked, which probably saved the screen ... and I've been thinking about getting one for this phone ... I just never get around to it ... one of these days I just know my luck is going to run out.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I like the rigid glass protector I put on mine. Cheap, from Amazon--seven bucks or something. Went on perfectly, not lifting, nada.

I turn my phone face down all the time; why risk having something fall on the face of it?

Anyway, no scratches of any kind so far. I put it in my front pocket like you, but also in my suit jacket pocket which is better.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I like the rigid glass protector I put on mine. Cheap, from Amazon--seven bucks or something. Went on perfectly, not lifting, nada.

I turn my phone face down all the time; why risk having something fall on the face of it?

Anyway, no scratches of any kind so far. I put it in my front pocket like you, but also in my suit jacket pocket which is better.

I'll have get one of those screen protectors. It just makes sense and to NOT do it is rather silly as it doesn't add to the size of the phone like a case does.

Thanks for the push.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I was getting the hairline scratches too. Got a screen protector from Amazon (Tempered glass) and I can no longer see the underlying scratches, furthermore, then protector has not been scratched yet.

Disappointing that I had to do this, seeing as I am going case-less otherwise on this phone, but it's so cheap and easy that I just had to. Plus, I'll have peace of mind now.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Getting a screen protector delivered tomorrow. I am paranoid I will scratch or crack it before then. Lol

Shane Roberts1

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
This works great and was a breeze to install. Thanks for the tip!

I am extremely careful with my phone at all times but there are a lot of fine scratches on this phone I've never had a problem with previous phones Samsung or my LG G3 so people saying this phone won't scratch easy are wrong will be definitely getting a glass screen protector before it gets worse

Godudi

May 14, 2016
Visit site

yes!!!!

I'm not going to straight up say it's the phone's fault BUT this is the FIRST phone I've ever had to have scratches like this.

I decided to upgrade from the Note 3 and was going to go to Note 5 but was dissapointed with the lack of removable battery and storage (those reasons alone is why i had never opted to try iPhone) I had the phone less than 48 hours. I opted not to spend 50 bucks on a glass protector there and instead promptly go home and order one (as well as a case) on amazon. On the morning of the second day I had a meeting with my daughters teachers. I had looked at my phone a few times that morning and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. As i sat down i pulled the phone out and laid it on the table. it kept lighting up so i turned it over onto the glass. The alarm had went off 3 times and all 3 times i picked the phone up and silenced it or tried to anyway (it's LG and I"m not used to it's layout or controls) By the end of the meeting I picked up my phone and went to turn it on and the light hit just right and I saw it. It was HORRIBLE! it wasn't like just one or two scratches... it had looked like I put it in a bag with some nails or something with scratches a few rather deep in the center third portion of the phone. I immediately got a sick feeling in my stomach.

NEVER HAVE I HAD A SCREEN SCRATCH LIKE THAT... I later remembered that while I was wearing a hoodi i stuck the phone and my keys in the front pocket BUT I had always made sure my phone was facing the inside and the keys were on the out.l I don't know if maybe one brief moment it wasn't facing that way and the keys got it but it was atrocious.

Fortunantly my AT&T store said they would graciously take it back within the 14 day period. Make me pay a 35.00 restocking fee and i had to return it for the black one. (which i was ok with because i had regrets with getting the green blue one in the first place. But I had to go to a different store because they didn't have a black one. The manager there was also super nice. and had a rep help me in replacing it. I had asked about getting the glass protector on it before i left the store and they were out so I went BACK to my original store (the whole time the phone is still in the box... I was taking NO CHANCES) I got a glass and everything was fine..

Until later that night when I noticed that the at&t rep that put the glass on kind of used too much pressure and managed to do something at the edge where it kept saying i had headphones in. so back to the store I went where they replaced my phone and the glass i just purchased. So here we are. So far so good.

Precisely described. I had Note3 before and never had scratches similar to those I hsve got on my V10.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Has this phone going strong since February 19 when I got hands on this bad boy and no scratches on the screen. I DO have some minor nicks along the stainless steel sides and that's because I couldn't decided whether to stick with my Incipio or Vena and finally stuck with a Spigen Slim Armor.

The only issue I have about having a screen protector on my V10 is due to the glass panels on the V10 sometimes having little to no room for natural expansion and contraction and eventually, a crack forms. There's also a few cases where this occurs with a tempered glass installed but no idea how that would work besides the extra pressure applied onto the screen when placed in a relatively tight pocket.

Either way, I'm probably gonna wait until I get a hairline scratch before going with a tempered glass protector, and that's assuming I don't decide to replace my LCD digitizer by the time that happens, if it happens of course. I always double check if my phone is receiving a bit too much leg pressure in a pocket and keep it on hand if that's the case, my V10 usually in a case or kept in a sunglass pouch.

Posted via an LG V10

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the phone for a week and rocked it naked before putting a glass screen protector on it. I treated axlittle rougher than I should have and didn't have any scratch his. YMMV

Last edited:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Eh, decided to take the leap and order a Spigen GLAS.TR Slim protector. Pretty sure the glass issue is barely a problem but I'll keep a look out.

Posted via an LG V10

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Why people leave their phone screen naked then complain when they get a scratch just makes no sense to me. I've used screen protectors on every phone I've had, even on my last Moto flip phone and I've never had a scratch. Why would you not protect your $600-900 phone for another $15-30? These new tempered glass protectors are amazing! With my last three phones, I've ordered the protectors BEFORE I actually got the phone and they were the first order of business when I unboxed the phones. Face up or down, I've never had a scratch. Even if the protector were to scratch, it's not the screen. Just replace the protector. (Yet I've never had a glass protector scratch.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante