Are you buying the V10 off contract?

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy a v10 from Tmobile, and the sales guy/kid in the store said they can't sell it full price even unless you get some kind of plan with it.
How are you guys buying your v10?

thanks!

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I want to buy a v10 from Tmobile, and the sales guy/kid in the store said they can't sell it full price even unless you get some kind of plan with it.

thanks!
I'm not on Tmobile but I think he's lying to you.

Bought mine off contract (Verizon).

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Probably the best/safest way to purchase one is on the Swappa site, even though I have read a few accounts online of people being burned via Swappa as well. Personally I have decided to not risk it at the present time in hopes that I will be able to purchase a used V10 from Gazelle a few months down the road. If you are interested in going the Swappa route there are a couple of T Mobile locked V10s for sale today ranging from $570-589.

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
hmm.. i would rather not risk $600 either.. So is Tmobile more restrictive when selling phones with no plan compared to Verizon?

I am not sure if TMob is more restrictive or not as I am currently on Ting. My interest in the V10 is because Ting offers GSM service using TMob's GSM network, thus my interest in obtaining a V10 that supports TMob's network. I read online that if you purchase a TMob locked phone then TMob requires that phone to be active on their network for a minimum of 12 months before they will unlock it for use on another carrier. However one of the Swappa sellers claims it only needs to be 45 days...who knows what the truth is!

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have MetroPCS which is owned by Tmobile, and runs on the same network.. I have been buying Tmobile prepaid phones and just popping in my Metro sim card and it works no problem... But the Tmobile V10 is not for sale prepaid. I thought i could just go into Tmobile and pay full price for it and walk out, but that does not seem to be the case.. So now i have to figure out a way to buy this phone without a plan..

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

thanks!
Anyone can but a phone full price from T-Mobile, they just don't like to. Also if your not a T-Mobile customer, they will charge you more for the phone.

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
How am I buying it off-contract? I tell the service rep I don't want it on any plan but straight up full price. He suggested the monthly plans and what not (which I understand why he did so), but I just said "no thanks". We moved on from there...

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
have spoken to several Tmobile sales people at different locations and they all say they wont sell the phone without some kind of plan.
Even on the sign with the $599 price next to it says "With Qualifying plan"

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
have spoken to several Tmobile sales people at different locations and they all say they wont sell the phone without some kind of plan.
Even on the sign with the $599 price next to it says "With Qualifying plan"

If LG is serious about upping their smartphone mojo they need to stop restricting their flagship phones to the big 3 carriers. There's tons of us MVNO customers that would love to buy the V10 at full price to use on our preferred carrier.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
got back from Tmobile again today.... I didnt buy the V10
Tmobile ups the full price from $599 to $629 if you buy it without a contract and go with a prepaid plan.
So if i want to buy this phone outright from Tmobile it would cost $629+$38tax+$10 minimum prepaid plan+$15 activation = $692
$700 is a lot to shell out .. will have to think about this..

And on top of that the sales guy said that the 200gb/battery promo is not valid if you buy the phone full price with a prepaid plan.. i think may be full of it there.. think he was annoyed he couldn't lock me into an overpriced monthly plan..

RickD_99

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Tmobile ups the full price from $599 to $629 if you buy it without a contract and go with a prepaid plan.
So if i want to buy this phone outright from Tmobile it would cost $629+$38tax+$10 minimum prepaid plan+$15 activation = $692

And on top of that the sales guy said that the 200gb/battery promo is not valid if you buy the phone full price with a prepaid plan.. i think may be full of it there.. think he was annoyed he couldn't lock me into an overpriced monthly plan..

So there's a $10 per month prepaid plan available from TMobile? What does that include...don't see that on their web site...

ContriteFight

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

Sales guy is wrong, it's an LG promotion. You just need a proof of purchase and your IMEI number, from what I understand. I receive my phone tomorrow and haven't submitted my request, so I can't be completely sure yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki