Unsung praises of the V10

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
A few observations that I'd like to point out, that make me love this phone even more:
1) Bluetooth radio: The bluetooth transmitter in this phone is far stronger than any phone I've had prior. I can walk twice as far from my connected speaker, or whatnot, than i could with my previous phones. I also have a crappy pair of bluetooth headphones that would start to break up if I wasn't holding my phone just so....but this is no longer the case

2) 2nd screen placement. Look, I get it....it's not super convenient placement. But look at it this way. That space next to the cameras would be dead space without it. The 2nd screen isn't a "revolutionary idea", but what it is, is good use of an otherwise useless blank space on this phone. It would do no good to have just increased the size of the main display, because it would have been missing an inch on the left side.

3) Quick charge....now it's well known this phone, as well as most on the market today, have quick charge. The difference....even though this is the same Quick Charge 2.0 that exists in many current flagships, the LG V10 is even faster that the other phones....and by quite a margin. I though i was imagining this, until I came across some actual stats regarding charging time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good things to know! I like your point about the use of otherwise empty space by the 2nd screen.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to get a Note 5 next month as my Xmas gift to ME. (I need two phones and I love Notes.) Was intrigued by the early reviews of the V10. I'd always thought it too big and heavy for me. However it has great specs and that 2 TB card slot is sooooooo tempting. However I've heard from a highly respected lady that it has battery life issues. Any comments by other users ?

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning to get a Note 5 next month as my Xmas gift to ME. (I need two phones and I love Notes.) Was intrigued by the early reviews of the V10. I'd always thought it too big and heavy for me. However it has great specs and that 2 TB card slot is sooooooo tempting. However I've heard from a highly respected lady that it has battery life issues. Any comments by other users ?

So far battery life has been pretty good. I can get 12-15 hrs out if it with high usage.

Care to divulge who this "highly respected" lady is and what source she is referring to about said bad battery life issues?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I wish the battery lasted longer, but with a quick charger at home and in the car, and the extra battery on the way it's not been an issue. I run mine with everything on. Location set to high accuracy, everything syncing etc, and my screen about 50 percent. I like the bells and whistles and it doesn't make sense to have an expensive device only to decrease the functionality to save battery.

If I don't play Flick Shoot2 I get about 8 hours. Any games and I have to charge after about 4 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App with an awesome V10

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any battery issues. It's about the same as the G4, maybe a little better. It's not hard for me to get 4-5 hours of screen on time. I usually leave the brightness on auto, but I've got everything else turned on. Using the camera and navigation definitely use the most juice.

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Battery life is the same as I had on my Note 3, which was pretty good. I've never been frustrated with the battery life of either this or my Note 3.

Can't wait for my extra battery to come in!

sakar12

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is waaaaaaay better than my S6 ( for whatever that's worth). I can go all day without charging. Had to charge the S6 three times a day sometimes.

Posted via the Android Central App

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
+Iblame Summers it's a great phone but I must say that battery life is freaking me out right now since it's not good at all. I suspect some issues with Google Play Services though as I have seen the battery drain 30% overnight. Not cool. The speaker is also overly quiet and kinda muffled. But the screen and the cameras and just the feel of this phone make it! 

Erica Griffin, on Google+ posted this reply to a question concerning the LG V10. She'd said earlier that her full review of the phone would be posted soon on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo