Anyone know how to get rid of this V10 notification?

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This may be a coincidence, but a couple of days ago I tried turning off location history. Still have location itself on all the time on high accuracy. Since I turned off the history, that icon seems to only pop up when the phone actually determines my location. And it does not stick around. So with location history off it seems to be working in a more logical manner.

By logical here is an example: If I start Google Maps, the icon pops up. If I pull down the notification menu, the icon message is "Finding Location", then quickly changes to "Location Found". The little notification icon stays up there as long as I am using maps. As soon as I close out of maps, the icon instantly also goes away.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
What version of the phone do you guys have? I have the T-Mobile model and I don't think I've ever seen this notification. I've had my phone since 10/30.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I had a Verizon g4 and it was constantly doing this. Constantly pinging my location. My v10 doesn't do that for some reason but it seemed to attribute to the battery dying so fast on my g4

Posted via the Android Central App

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I hate this notification, especially in the drop down when i'm trying to see messages that have come in. Often it moves around and shuffles in the list order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12