V10 Contacts type question, No Custom?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
When you set up contacts is there any custom option for the contact type?
I see in the list Home, Work, Fax, Main, ETC but nowhere you can make a custom contact type.

Can this be done on the V10?

If that makes any sense?

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: V10 Contacts type question

Does anyone have a "Custom" option when saving contacts to the V10 phone it's self?
I know there is one when using saving to Google contacts but not when saving to the phone it's self.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: V10 Contacts type question

The option is there with both editing an existing or new contact. When you select the label, you should be able to scroll down to the bottom of the list and then select "Custom". From there a second window pops up and you can add the custom label.

Screenshot_2015-11-18-21-10-07.jpg

Screenshot_2015-11-18-21-10-30.jpg

UPDATE: I also found that it depends on which address book/account/service that you are using. Some do not support or have the "Custom" option. For example, I was using a Google account in my screen shots. But on my Hotmail/Microsoft Exchange account, it does not have this option. So it does appear that it depends on the service you are using and it supports this or not.

Last edited:

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
When you set up contacts is there any custom option for the contact type?
I see in the list Home, Work, Fax, Main, ETC but nowhere you can make a custom contact type.

Can this be done on the V10?

If that makes any sense?

Custom is a choice on my V10. It's at the very bottom of the list when editing or creating a new contact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci