Hello everyone, I'm in need of a little help. I am a recent transplant from the WP world and I am having a hard time with the battery life on my V10.
    I am used to having up to 12hrs of battery life on my Lumia 1520 with heavy use but with my V10 I am barely getting 8hrs with bellow average use. What are the tips and tricks of android that are a must know for a new user that want to prove his battery life.?
    11-16-2015 11:45 AM
    Probably one of the biggest battery hogs is the screen. I wouldn't recommend running it at full brightness all the time. Set it to Auto or manually adjust it to a lower, but acceptable brightness, and that should help get you some additional runtime.
    11-16-2015 12:07 PM
    I agree. I have my screen set to 30% auto. Its plenty bright

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-16-2015 04:20 PM
    My sweet spot was at 40% and I place it on auto if the lighting is going to be too dark or too sunny or constantly change in a short amount of time.
    11-16-2015 04:48 PM
    I've said this in other threads. If you don't have an absolute need for all of your accounts to auto sync, then turn that off. I've found that doing a manual sync is far better for battery life.

11-16-2015 08:26 PM
    biggest difference for me.. Toggle off 'location'

Turn it on when you need it - like for Google maps.
    11-16-2015 10:24 PM
    Hello everyone, I'm in need of a little help. I am a recent transplant from the WP world and I am having a hard time with the battery life on my V10.
    I am used to having up to 12hrs of battery life on my Lumia 1520 with heavy use but with my V10 I am barely getting 8hrs with bellow average use. What are the tips and tricks of android that are a must know for a new user that want to prove his battery life.?
    Also turn bluetooth off if your not using it. I also have the # battery % off. You will still see the battery visual just not the actual # and it stops that omg panic that I am at 40%!!! It's amazing how I don't pay as much attention to battery % anymore without that # up there.

11-17-2015 09:15 AM
    I've said this in other threads. If you don't have an absolute need for all of your accounts to auto sync, then turn that off. I've found that doing a manual sync is far better for battery life.

Agreed, auto sync on for Gmail, Calendar, Photos & Photos Backup, Dropbox only for me. Battery saving is on under Location, auto update for Play Store is off and I've disabled a bunch of VZW bloatware. I've checked up couple of apps like 1Weather and changed updating to every 3 hours, others sync when opened.

I have had my phone for nearly a week and the battery is getting better by the day. My G2 had great standby time, I'm hoping the V10 will do the same in time.
    Attached Thumbnails How to improve battery life without sacrificing features?-capture-_2015-11-17-11-15-45.jpg  
    11-17-2015 10:18 AM
    I run everything at full blast.
    I'm in my car most of the time with access to a rapid charger.
    Why have a nice phone and have everything crippled?
    ajb1965 likes this.
    11-17-2015 03:34 PM