I have never had problems with Google Play til lately. Although I clear it out, if my phones screen is off for a while, I double tap it on, then of course swipe, I get this STUPID add for a game called Mobile Strike. IT doesn't happen all the time, but it does get annoying. I even went as far as taking Google Play off any of my screens and just keeping it in Apps. But still happens. Anybody else have the same problem?
    Also, must add, when you clear it, it does not show on the second screen.
    11-19-2015 09:09 AM
    I have never had problems with Google Play til lately. Although I clear it out, if my phones screen is off for a while, I double tap it on, then of course swipe, I get this STUPID add for a game called Mobile Strike. IT doesn't happen all the time, but it does get annoying. I even went as far as taking Google Play off any of my screens and just keeping it in Apps. But still happens. Anybody else have the same problem?
    I willing to bet it's not Google Play initiating the ad, although I'm sure it links to Google Play. It's most likely another apps poorly designed attempt to generate advertising revenue. Is there any other app you downloaded around the same time this started? If you can't remember, reboot your phone (or force close all 3rd party apps that are running) Pay close attention, even create a log, of the apps you use, when you use them, until the ad reappears. Once you've identified the app, delete it from your device. If it's an app you really like, you can try to download it again....there may have just been a minor corruption in the previous download. If the problem comes back, contact the maker of that app....it may be an issue they're unaware of, or they may even have a fix for it.
    psf57 likes this.
    11-19-2015 09:25 AM
    I've been getting this ad on my Tweetcaster app. I thought it was just that app, but apparently not? It's really annoying and can't be cleared with the "X" button. I just hit back until it leaves.
    11-19-2015 10:35 AM
    No social media apps on my phone. No games. uninstalled a QBar reader thinking that could be it. Phone was, as I call it asleep for several hours, woke up (double tap) dang ad popped up again after I swiped it open. So, went in and cleared ALL data from Google playstore, turned off some settings to Google playstore, most of the settings. Going to see if that works. On Verizon and no additional apps added, only the Qbar reader. It's a scanner that scans store codes on packages.
    11-19-2015 05:28 PM