Camera Settings

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can change the Megapixel size for the camera? I cannot seem to find any advanced settings.
Under the camera settings there should be an option to adjust the camera quality (size) of the megapixels. I don't have the device so can't provide specific directions as to the setting. However, it should be there.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Don't have the V10 yet, but not having a setting for image size is unacceptable for a phone camera that is well known for it's manual mode.

So it always shoots at 16 mega pixels?

Last edited:

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The option is there, it's just hidden with the change in camera perspective (ie 16:9, 4:3, etc).

I'm trying to post a screen shot, but I'm difficulty doing it from my phone

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't change the size of the picture. It only changes the aspect. You have to get a third party camera app to lower the megapixel and file size.

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It's not the same as being able to define with a third party camera app that they're looking for. You would have to change the aspect ratio and take a picture just to see how large it will be. Not the same as selecting 4MP and taking a picture and it actually be 4MP or selecting picture size of 1600x900. Not the same at all.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Since this phone has the ability shoot RAW format, I am wondering if they locked this option out totally since you want all the information available in RAW format.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Any recommendation for a third party camera app? I use which is quite good.

But it is not the same as the built-in V10 software. With the V10 camera, the settings appear directly on the scene you are shooting. With my third party app. the settings appears as a pull down window that covers the scene. Not the same thing.

Always having to shoot at the maximum resolution is the only thing I don't like with the V10

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I would just try different ones from the play store to see which one you like the best. Most of them offer what the standard camera app already does. Usually it'd just added fluff like being able to put pixie dust in your pictures.