Robin's LG V10 Thread

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
How?

Posted via the Android Central App

For Off, you can either double tap the status bar, or install a Screen Off app from the Play store and set that app as the double tap gesture in Nova (gestures require the Prime paid version of Nova).

Screen on works as it normally would.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: question about lg keyboard

This is a known issue with LG phones. I think the G4 does this too

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Indeed it does. It's just a notification however. You don't have to actually select a keyboard. I believe it's actually a feature rather than an issue, allowing a quick method to change the keyboard when your in the middle of an application. For example, I typed half of this reply on the LG keyboard, then used the notification to change to the Google keyboard and type the rest. I can't think of a reason why someone would want to do this though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Agree with JayWill. On every Android device I've used, a keyboard notification icon appears in the status bar when typing, to allow you to switch keyboards on the fly very easily. If you only have one keyboard installed, then you probably won't see that icon (and if you do, then it's probably a minor bug).

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

Agree with JayWill. On every Android device I've used, a keyboard notification icon appears in the status bar when typing, to allow you to switch keyboards on the fly very easily. If you only have one keyboard installed, then you probably won't see that icon (and if you do, then it's probably a minor bug).

For me, this is my first LG and came from the HTC line of phones. On all of them you can press and hold in any text input area and then pop ups a menu to select the keyboard. But LG's method does not bother me, it just took me b y surprise the first time it happened.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: trying out the stock launcher

For Off, you can either double tap the status bar, or install a Screen Off app from the Play store and set that app as the double tap gesture in Nova (gestures require the Prime paid version of Nova).

Wow thanks.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: trying out the stock launcher

Correct. I used the app called "screen off".

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: fav email app

I'll try that one again...the inbox by gmail is too confusing for sure

I've grown to really like Inbox. It just takes some getting used to. I use Mailwise for my work exchange account which I also really like.

atremorer

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: fav email app

I'm still using gmail for my personal email but for my work's Exchange/Office 365 environment, I use Nine. It is amazing!