Landscape view with polarized sunglasses, REALLY????

mrismail

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I dunno if it's just me but when I have my polarized sunglasses on and I use my device in the landscape view, I can't see the screen at all. It's like a privacy screen kinda thing when you look at it from the side. Can anyone else confirm this?
It's fine when its in portrait view but once I turn the device, I can't see anything on the screen. It's pretty annoying if this is default. I didn't have this issue with my Note 4.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The screen is polarized. If you're looking through a polarized filter oriented at right angles to the polarized direction of the screen, all the screen light is blocked out. That's normal. (The Note 4 is an Amoled screen, so you don't have the problem.)

mrismail

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The screen is polarized. If you're looking through a polarized filter oriented at right angles to the polarized direction of the screen, all the screen light is blocked out. That's normal. (The Note 4 is an Amoled screen, so you don't have the problem.)

I find that quite annoying since i use my phone a lot in landscape view wearing my glasses.
Is there any "protective" attachable screen that can eliminate this?

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
yup, totally annoyed., Was trying to use it in bright daylight with my polarized sunglasses. Had to turn it about 30-45 degrees to get it to be visible with my glasses on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1