I have been reading some conflicting stuff online. Some people are saying that you must be touching the metal side rails of the phone for the scanner to read a fingerprint and that's why people with cases on are having trouble. Other people are saying your finger just needs to touch the little metal edge of the button on the back of the phone for it to work. I held my phone by the plastic top and bottom and my fingerprint unlocked it perfectly..I wasn't touching any of the metal side rails. My case hasn't arrived yet so I haven't tested it with a case on.

So...what say you here?
    11-27-2015 01:35 PM
    No need to touch anything. Works perfectly with a case.
    11-27-2015 01:55 PM
    Some V10s require you to touch the sides to unlock, some work without touching the sides.

Sounds like you have one that works fine. You should be ok with the case.
    Mama2Many likes this.
    11-27-2015 02:01 PM
    This is good news for me! Some of the discussions I saw about this got quite heated. LOL Has there been any explanation as to why some phones require you to be touching the metal sides of the phone?
    11-27-2015 05:49 PM
    Think about it. For the sides to have any impact on the fingerprint reader there would have to be a hardware design flaw.. HARDWARE. Then some say a software patch by one dealer fixed it. Not gonna happen. If so designed that software could fix how do so many have no problem? I believe many believe the problem exits. I believe there is a problem but is not pressing the steel sides is necessary for the fingerprint reader to read correctly. The software bug fixed the fingerprint reader but I guarantee you it had nothing to do with the sides being pressed. Think, people, think.
    CountryDevil likes this.
    11-28-2015 10:34 AM
    Think about it. For the sides to have any impact on the fingerprint reader there would have to be a hardware design flaw.. HARDWARE. Then some say a software patch by one dealer fixed it. Not gonna happen. If so designed that software could fix how do so many have no problem? I believe many believe the problem exits. I believe there is a problem but is not pressing the steel sides is necessary for the fingerprint reader to read correctly. The software bug fixed the fingerprint reader but I guarantee you it had nothing to do with the sides being pressed. Think, people, think.
    Exactly. In fact I believe the is exact the same across all V10's and not just a few here and there. AT&T already pushed a patch that fixes this. Before that, I would have said the the sides would need to be touched before the Finger Print Reader would work as I had sporadic results with a case of. A day perfectly work with one off. After the patch, it has worked flawlessly. Why other carriers have not pushed the LG patch out is beyond me but the nonsense of having to touch the sides needs to stop. Just be patient people, the patch is out there you jeered to wait until it is pushed to your device.

If it isn't coming fast enough for you, start contacting the crap out of your carrier and bug them about it.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.
    11-28-2015 12:20 PM
    That makes sense.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-28-2015 01:46 PM
    I keep reading in the forum about a patch from att for the v10. I have an att V10 and cannot find patch
    11-28-2015 11:20 PM
    I keep reading in the forum about a patch from att for the v10. I have an att V10 and cannot find patch
    Got to Settings -> About Phone -> Update Center -> Software Update -> Update Now

If there is a date under the Update History around 11/18 then you probably have the update. If not then running "Update Now" should do the trick.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.
    11-29-2015 08:54 AM