Best way to transfer RAW photos to PC and what to edit them with?

dcpotter22

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, love the camera on this, and would love to be able to edit the RAW photos in photoshop. But two problems, hopefully someone knows an answer to:

1. How to easily and efficiently transfer RAW images to my PC? I set up automatic syncing through Google Photos, but it only syncs the jpg copy, not the raw. I then try to manually send the photos to google drive via the app, but uploading through the app is absolutely terrible for more than a couple files at a time. So I sent them to dropbox and finally found a great way. So hopefully, theres an automatic way to do this, if anyone knows.

2. Now I loaded some of the DNG files into photoshop camera raw 9.3 and they can't be read in that program. They also can't be edited in lightroom. Very frustrating. I'm about to go on a road trip and was hoping to use my phone camera for around half the photos, and still retain the ability to really retouch them to look as realistic as possible with a beautiful dynamic range, rather than blown out highlights or shadows totally blacked out. I've used Snapseed raw editor on the phone, and its okay but the Raw editing of that app doesn't allow for localized adjustments, only global adjustments.

So any proven suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

dcpotter22

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Ah thank you for the help! Turns out that wasn't the issue at all. I just got this new laptop, temporarily for an upcoming road trip to be able to be able to edit on the road(otherwise I do all my editing on a desktop, and will return the laptop to the store once I'm back). Turned out the issue was that this laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, so the solution was to simply uncheck 'use graphics card acceleration' and then it all works as it should.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon