02-07-2017 05:43 PM
65 123
tools
    Can anyone suggest a good, won't break the bank, wireless charger?

Dear Moderators, can we get a sticky thread for the V10 accessories?
    11-30-2015 07:13 PM
    The V10 (regardless of model) doesn't have PMA wireless charging hardware in it does it? Or is the only thing needed on the phone side the pins and the respective coil sticker? I thought there may be a difference in the onboard hardware as well.
    The OE cover claims both Qi and Powermat compatibility. I don't know if it's the coils or some other hardware on the phone, but the LG option should do both. I've already ordered a Qi/Nfc sticker for mine. I'm. Curious to see if it will work on Powermat.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-30-2015 07:52 PM
    So I just received my wireless back cover from amazon $13.99. About $20.00 after s&h. Here is the link
    LG V10 Case,Yootech® LG V10 Qi Standard Wireless Charging receiver Back Cover Case - Support NFC and Wireless Charging Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0188QP26E...cUvbUpU4866229.
    I am using it with the OBLIQ CASE AND TYLT VU charger. So far... so good. Looking at the pics on Amazon, it is some what deceiving... Looks almost like the OEM back cover. It's lot smoother feeling. Not to bad. It fits Really well.. Nice and tight... No gaps. Here are some pics
    LG V10 OEM Wireless Charging back cover on Best Buy...................-uploadfromtaptalk1448937037847.jpgLG V10 OEM Wireless Charging back cover on Best Buy...................-uploadfromtaptalk1448937091311.jpgLG V10 OEM Wireless Charging back cover on Best Buy...................-uploadfromtaptalk1448937123199.jpg
    11-30-2015 08:32 PM
    So I just received my wireless back cover from amazon $13.99. About $20.00 after s&h. Here is the link
    LG V10 Case,Yootech® LG V10 Qi Standard Wireless Charging receiver Back Cover Case - Support NFC and Wireless Charging Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0188QP26E...cUvbUpU4866236.
    I have to laugh at all the fake reviews calling it a case. lol. Also I find the color of your back cover hideous. Although they have other colors black and white. But I do not like that you said it smoother. I like the grip my current back cover has. I will either wait for LG's or try buying this manufacturer's sticker instead.
    Charles Collins likes this.
    11-30-2015 08:40 PM
    Will this cover work while the phone is in a otterbox defender case?

11-30-2015 08:43 PM
    bgbagz, would you recommend the Tylt charger for use with this back? I have the same one. I got it yesterday also. I was very surprised that it was delivered on a Sunday. My current charging pad is flashing and showing both charging and Discharging.
    11-30-2015 09:17 PM
    Save yourself a few bucks and get Spigen's "tylt" Qi charger. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UGI...cUvbUpU4866425

I've two of them and they work perfectly with my current Nexus 6 and worked perfectly with my GS6 and a Note 4 before that. When LG gets their OEM Qi back here through regular channels I'll be adding that to my V10.

I absolutely love this phone. Forgot how much I liked the back buttons on my G2.

bgbagz, Ogre840 and drenfree like this.
    11-30-2015 10:34 PM
    I have to laugh at all the fake reviews calling it a case. lol. Also I find the color of your back cover hideous. Although they have other colors black and white. But I do not like that you said it smoother. I like the grip my current back cover has. I will either wait for LG's or try buying this manufacturer's sticker instead.
    Call it what you want, it just an informational review... For those who are Interested.. I did not call it a case...
    The link is a direct copy paste insert from amazon
    I said it was a cover and I was using the Obliq case with the wireless back. Atleast you got one thing right. The color is not the best. And for your informational purposes the color is called "leather buttery cover". Far from leather. However, for the price it works.. So you keep waiting ever so patiently my friend. And i hope you enjoy what you get.
    12-01-2015 08:23 AM
    Will this cover work while the phone is in a otterbox defender case?

I don't know...
    12-01-2015 08:24 AM
    Hey, bagz
    Is this back thicker then the stock OEM back?
    12-01-2015 08:29 AM
    bgbagz, would you recommend the Tylt charger for use with this back? I have the same one. I got it yesterday also. I was very surprised that it was delivered on a Sunday. My current charging pad is flashing and showing both charging and Discharging.
    I got mine really quick as well... I noticed a flashing red light This morning.... Repositioned it.... And the light is now green. So I guess as long as it works... In about 15 minute's it went from 21%to 30%. Now I do hear a very suttle ticking noise when I have it charging.... I don't hear this when I have my note 4 charging...
    12-01-2015 08:29 AM
    I got mine really quick as well... I noticed a flashing red light This morning.... Repositioned it.... And the light is now green. So I guess as long as it works... In about 15 minute's it went from 21%to 30%. Now I do hear a very suttle ticking noise when I have it charging.... I don't hear this when I have my note 4 charging...
    Is the ticking noise coming from the phone or charger?
    12-01-2015 08:33 AM
    Is the ticking noise coming from the phone or charger?
    The phone is on the charger hard to tell...
    12-01-2015 08:34 AM
    Is it thicker then the stock back plate?
    12-01-2015 09:35 AM
    Is it thicker then the stock back plate?
    Not really...
    12-01-2015 10:11 AM
    i ordered the yootech one as well, OEM is too much on Amazon
    12-01-2015 10:25 AM
    Call it what you want, it just an informational review... For those who are Interested.. I did not call it a case...
    The link is a direct copy paste insert from amazon
    I said it was a cover and I was using the Obliq case with the wireless back. Atleast you got one thing right. The color is not the best. And for your informational purposes the color is called "leather buttery cover". Far from leather. However, for the price it works.. So you keep waiting ever so patiently my friend. And i hope you enjoy what you get.
    Sorry the fake review comment was not directed at you. It was based on the other reviews I looked at for the product. I apologize if that wasn't clear.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    12-01-2015 10:27 AM
    i ordered the yootech one as well, OEM is too much on Amazon
    I even contacted the seller about Price matching the OEM one on Amazon to what Best buy is listing it for. Here is what I got back:

Actually, We would like to sell the item at that price.

But, there are several charges for Amazon Sales.

$59 + Amazon FBA sales charge $14.39 + Payment transfer fee $0.79 + Distribution costs $4.82 = Total $79

That is why..

We are hopeful your understanding about that.

Thank you for your time & understanding.
    Does not sound like the seller is a big time distributor and is trying to just offset his costs and passing the savings off the the buyer.
    12-01-2015 10:31 AM
    It's only money, just order one.....................
    12-01-2015 11:10 AM
    Sorry the fake review comment was not directed at you. It was based on the other reviews I looked at for the product. I apologize if that wasn't clear.
    Cool... I didn't realize that until I went to the Amazon page again.....
    12-01-2015 11:24 AM
    I even contacted the seller about Price matching the OEM one on Amazon to what Best buy is listing it for. Here is what I got back:

Does not sound like the seller is a big time distributor and is trying to just offset his costs and passing the savings off the the buyer.
    Well it's not available on LG's official page. Makes me wonder if the seller has something from China or something, or something that isn't supposed to be in the US yet.
    sangs likes this.
    12-01-2015 12:38 PM
    Just got in the LG back today. Posted some pictures in a separate thread here.
    12-01-2015 12:59 PM
    Bought mine on eBay for $59.50. It came direct from South Korea via FedEx and only took 3 business days. Original OEM LG product. eBay seller: "style902_com".

Highly recommend only buying OEM product. I bought an aftermarket Qi charger for my wife's Galaxy S4 and it ruined the battery by expanding it and destroyed the phone by pushing the glass away from the body. Don't fool yourself thinking that you can buy non OEM product. Big mistake.
    12-01-2015 08:04 PM
    People are saying this is not an OEM wireless back cover. The description on the back of the packaging describes a completely different product.

It also looks the exact same as my $9 dollar one I got off of Ebay that came from China.

I'd wait a little bit until LG says they have officially released a wireless charging back or a official review site gets a hold of one.
    12-02-2015 03:42 PM
    People are saying this is not an OEM wireless back cover. The description on the back of the packaging describes a completely different product.

It also looks the exact same as my $9 dollar one I got off of Ebay that came from China.

I'd wait a little bit until LG says they have officially released a wireless charging back or a official review site gets a hold of one.
    That's the point I've been trying to get across as well. Something isn't right.
    12-02-2015 03:49 PM
65 123