Anyone come from note 5?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I left the iPhone 6s+ because I really like the gold note 5 but it is doing several things that irritate me. I was considering the V10 when I made the switch. Has anyone gone from the note 5 to the v10? What are your thoughts?

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 convert here.

I wouldn't say this phone is 10 times better than the Note, but I feel I definitely made the right choice. The phone feels more sturdy. I was constantly worried about dropping the Note. Yes I had a case on it at times, but that phone was too beautiful to not use naked.

That being said the V10 has a feel and look that is just as good. No issues with it naked.

Both screens are amazing.

Fingerprint scanner is decent on the V10. More later...

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the V10 and returned it after only one day of use. I still have the Note 5 but just purchased the V10 again. :p
I have not used my Note 5 in the last week since having the V10. The V10 is not perfect by any means but still a very intriguing phone and one that I will hold onto this time around. If you don't use the S Pen much you'll be fine with the V10.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the V10 and returned it after only one day of use. I still have the Note 5 but just purchased the V10 again. :p
I have not used my Note 5 in the last week since having the V10. The V10 is not perfect by any means but still a very intriguing phone and one that I will hold onto this time around. If you don't use the S Pen much you'll be fine with the V10.

Nice.
What are your pros and cons of the v10 vs the note 5? I am really considering the switch today...

ljohnson72

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I came from a iPhone 6s plus. I love the V10, the only problem I have with this phone is the battery. The battery is horrible. I Consider myself a power user I use my phone for everything and I have to walk around with my charger. I didn't have this problem with the iphone. The iphone lasted me all day and I constantly used it. So if you don't mind carrying your charger or getting a spare battery then this is the phone. I'm keeping mine.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I came from a iPhone 6s plus. I love the V10, the only problem I have with this phone is the battery. The battery is horrible. I Consider myself a power user I use my phone for everything and I have to walk around with my charger. I didn't have this problem with the iphone. The iphone lasted me all day and I constantly used it. So if you don't mind carrying your charger or getting a spare battery then this is the phone. I'm keeping mine.

I had the 6s+ before the note 5 I have now. The iPhone is just so boring. The note just isn't doing it for me though like I thought it would.

perezs07

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
You pretty much can't lose this day and age with any top end smartphone. If you can afford I say by both. I always switch and end up going back. I think I've bought or traded for the Iphone 6 and 6plus like 4 times since it came out. Bought note 5 twice. The s6 and the s6 edge twice. The lg g4 twice and now the LG v10 twice. Also tried the droid turbo 2. I've been happy with every single one I just get bored really fast. I'm using the LG v10 solely right now cause 1. it looks bad ***. 2. Those drop test videos. You'll be happy with either one note 5 or v10. Only time I used spen was to cut faces and paste them on funny pics.

perezs07

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Only thing I'm not liking bout LG v10 is that with dry hands it's extremely slippery. Think I'm developing carpal tunnel faster. The backing why it looks rubbery and like it should be grippy, it really isn't. But I deal with it cause I'm tired of seeing old old lady's at restaurants having the same phone i have (cough... iphone's)or construction workers with Samsung's in otterboxes.

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I came from GS6 and a Note 4 before that. Excusing the Note's proclivity to stutter and jank, I never should have left it for the GS6. I despised the GS6, its unholy slipperiness, the lack of SD and the lack of a swappable battery - it was so iPhone-ish. My V10 is far superior to the GS6 and better than the Note 4; I'm liking it better than my Nexus 6. This is a really nice device, it should've been equipped with Qi from the factory though.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the V10 and returned it after only one day of use. I still have the Note 5 but just purchased the V10 again.

You are kind of an odd duck. Last week you were posting about all the things you hated about the V10, how it felt like 4 year old technology, and how LG as a company had a history of cheating its customers.

Now you are buying the phone again.

Sometimes I just don't understand people on the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith