V10 vs MXPE

MDBulldog

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have been going back and forth between the LG V10 and the Moto x pure edition. I would consider myself a power user ( I literally stay on my phone all day), and for that reason alone the replaceable battery of the v10 is interesting. However the $100 difference (64 gigs vs 64 gigs ), the possibility of faster updates (atleast from what I heard), and the front facing speakers has me kinda leaning towards the mxpe.
I don’t really care about the camera of the v10, and the hi def audio is intriguing feature but it not a must have. Truthfully, the main reason that I started to look at the v10 is because of the replaceable battery as well as the expandable storage, however the factors I noted above and with the addition of quick charge, I get the feeling as if the mxpe would be more suitable for my purpose.
Has, anybody here came from the mxpe and switch to the v10? What are you guys take on these two devices? Compared to Motorola, how is LG when it comes to software updates? Is there anything else I should know when it come to comparing these two phones?
I should also say, that I am pretty new to android so some of my questions and or assumptions may seem a little off.
Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
These are the two phones I was considering, and I eventually went with the V10 because of the battery. Even with the quick charge, I didn't like the thought that in 6 months my battery would just be getting worse and worse.

Having said that, I am really glad I made the decision. I love the second screen and while the fingerprint reader isn't a must have, its really nice to have. I also like the LG skin a little better. For example, its really nice to be able to put extra buttons next to the home/menu/back.

Also, while its not as well supported as the Samsung version, I find I use the DualWindow stuff every day.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
replaceable battery is why I'm leaving the Nexus 6 for the V10, and not getting a Note 5. Quick Charge is nice, but will never compete with a 100% charged up spare.

Also with the wireless backs coming out, the V10 is checking all the boxes for me

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have both phones and love them both. They both have really good cameras, really good radios, and great screens. The front facing speakers are louder and clearer on the MXPE than the single speaker on the V10. The V10 has the option for wireless charging, whereas the MXPE does not. I love the active display on the MXPE, but the second display on the V10 is pretty cool also. The V10 is a big and heavy phone. Its about the same size as the Nexus 6. If the removable battery and wireless charging are must-haves for you, the go the V10 route.