Video Camera portrait to landscape.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When filming in portrait, then turning the phone to film in landscape in the same clip, the finished video doesn't flip. It will film in landscape, but, will be viewed sideways. I've never done that before this weekend, so, I don't know if this is normal. Is this common to all devices?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty much the convention, I think. If you upload a video to YouTube, you can change the orientation there. There might be some video editing apps that allow you to do it as well.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes... and I am quite disappointed the Google pulled the "TURN THE CAMERA, MORON!" animation on the Google Camera.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
When filming in portrait, then turning the phone to film in landscape in the same clip, the finished video doesn't flip. It will film in landscape, but, will be viewed sideways. I've never done that before this weekend, so, I don't know if this is normal. Is this common to all devices?

That's pretty much the convention, I think. If you upload a video to YouTube, you can change the orientation there. There might be some video editing apps that allow you to do it as well.

I think they're asking if there is a device that can handle an orientation change while recording a video. To my knowledge there is not, but this is not something that I do when recording video (see the PSA) so I can't say for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21