Ok, I am so frustrated with LG right now I have to vent. When my upgrade was available from AT&T earlier this year I decided to wait for the LG V10. When I saw the LG ad for the V10 promo where you get a free 200gb sd card, charging cradle and extra battery I was all excited. Off I went to the AT&T store to upgrade from my G2 to find out none of the stores in my area had the V10 in stock. I waited for it to be in stock and then the promo was over. I wanted the phone anyway so I bought it on 11/22. Low and behold this past Sunday I see LG is starting a new promo beginning on 11/30...only a 64 gb sd card this time. When I called LG to try and get in on the promo they flat off told me no because I didn't buy during the promo dates. No, I bought it during the 1 week in between promos because it wasn't in stock the first time. I feel they should allow me and everyone else who purchased a V10 during the week between promos to get the promo, it is very sneaky the way they did it. I told LG I still had time to return the V10 and buy another brand instead and they told me to go right ahead and do that because I was not entitled to the promo, period, no discussion. I am so pissed off and just for the point of it I am returning my V10. It's a shame cuz I love the phone but the way they treated me on the phone was wrong. I warn any potential LG smartphone buyers, BEWARE. LG has horrendous customer service policies and I can only imagine how they would treat you if you had a problem with their phone. I saw on some other sites that I am not the only one mad about this...anyone here had the same issue? Let me know please. Happy Holidays to all!!
    dfve likes this.
    12-01-2015 10:35 PM
    Well, welcome to the forums at least, even though you are feeling a bit miffed.

It sounds to me as if LG is simply following the rules of the game here. It's just your bad luck that you bought between promos. Any other manufacturer would probably have done the same.
    It's a bit like buying a phone on one day, then the next day you discover that the price has been greatly reduced. But it's the luck of the draw and it's the same for all of us.
    Enjoy your new phone - it's a very high-quality one - and enjoy your membership here. I recommend our LG V10 forum.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-02-2015 07:40 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Hopefully you're poor customer experience doesn't ruin your taste for the device. Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions!
    12-02-2015 07:43 AM
    I wouldn't say horrendous... Just following the terms of the promotion.

What you experienced is how their customer service is following their terms... Did they respond to you in a timely manner? Did they provide you with accurate information?

Sure they didn't go beyond the line of duty, but that doesn't make their customer service "horrendous".

I will be honest this has happened to me other times on other products when I didn't follow the promotion...
    12-02-2015 08:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! As it's been said above, unfortunately they are just following their term and conditions of their promo. It's like going to a store the day after Black Friday and expecting to get a BF door buster pricing. It's just not gonna happen. Sorry you feel you have been done bad by LG but I see them following their rules.

Could you have not of ordered the phone through At&t and have it shipped to you if it was only your surrounding stores that were out of stock?
    12-02-2015 08:10 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I think I would be upset too.
    12-02-2015 08:30 AM
    Welcome to the forum, and was there something keeping you from ordering the phone online even though the stores around you didn't have it? I ask because if there was, there was still availability during the promo. It's unfortunate that you missed it, but that's what happens sometimes. Doesn't surprise me with this promo that they're under strict guidelines about time, it's a costly one.
    12-02-2015 09:30 AM
    12-03-2015 03:06 AM
    Welcome to the forums! Sorry for the frustrations!
    12-03-2015 03:17 PM
    Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I would've ordered the device over the phone or at the store so I could get on the promo.
    But yes, LG tries to get away with certain things.

For example, when my brother got his LG G4, they had a promo where you could get a free battery, charging cradle and a leather back cover.
    I followed the rules to get these things for my brother, but they said the purchase ticket and the account had different names.

I called and explained that the Sprint account is on my name and my brother paid for the phone with his credit card.
    They said they'll honor the promo.
    Well, they never did!

I finally got tired of trying to get that fixed and then the promo ended.
    They took that as an excuse and said they couldn't do anything.
    12-03-2015 04:27 PM
    Hi there, welcome to the Forums.

So sad to hear about your experience with LG. But I have to agree with the others: LG doesn't HAVE to honor any promos out of time. Can you ask Best Buy to honor a Black Friday price for a pair of headphones just because the store ran out by the time you wen there? Nope. Same thing here.

I also agree with the fact that, at least the way you describe it, Customer Service was a bit tactless when it came to explaining that. Telling a customer to just go ahead and get another brand is never something you do. Ever.
    12-04-2015 04:00 PM
    Moved to the V10 forum.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-07-2015 03:53 PM
    i agree it sucks, but technically they are following their own rules. I would have assumed they would honor it.

However you could return your LG V10, then get another LG V10, and get the promo. I would think it's probably not really worth the hassle. Maybe see if you can just get a discount on something else
    Ry likes this.
    12-07-2015 07:16 PM
    Welcome to the forum. Same thing happened to me. I got caught in between V10 promos myself. Tried writing LG to see if they would make an exception. They wouldn't even respond to my emails. Tried calling. Nothing. Excellent product. Horrific customer service.
    12-09-2015 03:45 PM
    The not-in-stock excuse probably doesn't fly with them, as there are multiple outlets. If nothing was available locally, you should have ordered your 'upgrade' via the AT&T Wireless site. You would have had it fedex'd to you within 2 days. Best Buy was also another option (if you had some locally).

This was a crazy good promo ($200 value) for a brand new phone. You typically don't see that until phone sales for a model has lost its steam. I can see why they wanted it over with on their drop dead date, as it was a considerable expense to them.
    12-11-2015 06:53 AM
    I'm thinking your frustration should be directed towards AT&T (or your local AT&T store(s)) more than LG. My Verizon store had several in stock on 10/30, and I (and many others) had no issue picking up our phones at local retailers.

Still though, I'm sorry you missed out!

Thankfully, the phone comes with 64GB onboard, which is more than most phones in the $600-$700 range can say, and a microSD cards are cheap.

Cheers,
    12-11-2015 09:19 AM
    i got thee crap end of the stick also, but, they did get me the new promo...the 2t card would have been welcome..
    by the way.. I love the phone and its size and features..little lag sometimes but managable...wrapped in a incipio cover
    12-13-2015 01:56 PM