12-19-2015 06:12 AM
77 1234
tools
    This phone has an IR blaster? I was already sold, but this is SUPER SOLD.
    sofryj likes this.
    12-05-2015 09:16 AM
    Please keep the discussion on topic.
    12-05-2015 10:27 AM
    Quick tip...while in the lock screen try double pressing either the volume up or volume down key...you can access either the camera or the quick memo from there.

This phone is amazing...coming off an S3...a power user who carried 6 batteries at all times...I can easily say this phone has all the best features still available to phones...

Removable battery is without a doubt the deal breaker for Samsung going forward so this tank called "V10" is going to take the top spot I'm sure in sales.

Base storage 64 gigs expandable...4 gigs of ram...nothing beats that right now...

The camera is great..try taking up close photos...macro shots...the detail is crazy fine.

The only negatives I've come across...
    The speaker...not the best sound...
    And notifications tends to pause/interrupt what I'm doing by dimming the whole screen and/or pausing current task.

Lastly...maybe the hardest part for me...
    Data times out when on a phone call...may not bother others, but I tether heavily...a phone call kills all data functions...meaning gaming has lapses on tethered devices...ouch.

Otherwise...money well spent.

Posted via the Android Central App
    My notifications show up on the 2nd screen.

12-06-2015 11:18 AM
    This review is pretty spot on. I really like my V10, but it does have its quirks.

The #1 annoyance is definitely the fingerprint scanner. Honestly, if I take my case off it works great with nary a delay. However, I like having a case on. I often have to top it several times before it will work and I have retrained it after adding the case. Also, LG needs to use the Marshmallow fingerprint capabilities when they upgrade so that it has more applicable uses.

I must say that, having moved from the LG G4, I like the speaker placement better on the V10 than I did the G4. I'm glad they moved it back to the end. I've had a G3 and G2 and I'm glad to see that it's back to the placement from the G2.

I'm actually having better battery life than I had on my G4, so I'm not complaining about it. Yes, I'd like better life; I can still kill it by the end of the day.

The screen is gorgeous. LG does great screens. I agree with the quirkiness of the auto brightness though. Sometimes it just seems to dim at the most inopportune times.

Though it's definitely a novelty, I am liking the second screen.

I didn't think I would like going to a phone this big, but it's very workable. It still feels better in my hand than my friends' Samsung Notes.
    sofryj likes this.
    12-06-2015 01:47 PM
    All these praises and complaints are solely based on my use of this phone
    What would you say is the absolute best and worst in your opinion of the points you listed?
    12-07-2015 09:29 AM
    5.1" screen, move 2nd screen to bottom drawer, give it FF speakers and a physical camera button and I'll buy three!
    12-07-2015 11:39 AM
    Very decent review and you are right, no phone is perfect which is why I truly wrestled with my decision, but so glad I went with this over the Note. When I was seriously considering the Note, I felt as though I was settling. I have not felt like that with this one at all. (also , yes redo the fingerprint trainer, it should work better if you do it from the angles you do it at more).
    sofryj likes this.
    12-07-2015 01:57 PM
    What would you say is the absolute best and worst in your opinion of the points you listed?
    My personal favorite is the Camera....and my biggest disappointment is a tie between the battery and speaker. That said, the battery life does seem to be improving. I've now had a couple days where I didn't have to charge to get through the day. How much of that is battery improvement vs less screen time now that the phone is less new, I can't say for sure.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-08-2015 09:12 AM
    5.1" screen, move 2nd screen to bottom drawer, give it FF speakers and a physical camera button and I'll buy three!
    I understand your comment...but a couple notes on it. The 2nd screen on the bottom would mean useless space on the top beside the cameras...although bottom is better for reach-ability, I don't think it would improve the phone. Also, the volume key (press down twice) is a physical camera button, so there's that.
    Aquila likes this.
    12-08-2015 09:16 AM
    Great review. I'm debating on getting this phone, i currently have an iphone 5c and want to switch to android. I am worried about how big the phone is, i don't have the biggest hands. The last android phone i had was the galaxy s3 and i hated it, so im nervous about its performance also. Any suggestions?
    12-08-2015 02:03 PM
    Great review. I'm debating on getting this phone, i currently have an iphone 5c and want to switch to android. I am worried about how big the phone is, i don't have the biggest hands. The last android phone i had was the galaxy s3 and i hated it, so im nervous about its performance also. Any suggestions?
    My hands aren't large by any means, and i really have no trouble handling this phone. That said, I would only really consider this phone if you are looking to get into a large phone / phablet. If you want the big screen, this is a winner.....if you're looking to make your move to android into a more "standard" (whatever that means) size phone, there are lots of other great options for you. What is it you're really wanting out of your new phone?
    dayers3 likes this.
    12-08-2015 02:30 PM
    I would like a large display for watching videos and playing games. I'm want a phone with a good camera nice display decent battery life, something to get me through the day. I don't like cases that much so something that can survive a drop. Quality phone calls, had a big issue with the gs3 with dropping missing texts.
    12-08-2015 03:56 PM
    I would like a large display for watching videos and playing games. I'm want a phone with a good camera nice display decent battery life, something to get me through the day. I don't like cases that much so something that can survive a drop. Quality phone calls, had a big issue with the gs3 with dropping missing texts.
    Flex 2 has everything you ask for.
    It's stunning how durable this phone is. You not have to worry sitting on it or dropping it.

posted via the LG Flex 2
    dayers3 likes this.
    12-08-2015 04:18 PM
    I don't think the V10 needs a case at all

12-08-2015 04:55 PM
    Based on what you're looking for, the V10 could be a great phone for you. Get one in your hand...... You'll know right away how it feels to you.

dayers3 likes this.
    12-08-2015 07:21 PM
    I'd like to add that the G4 seems to have the autobrightness issue too. Way too dim.
    Definitely an LG problem! Ben same with my G pad and G4!
    12-09-2015 07:13 AM
    I love most things about the phone. The fingerprint scanner (especially with a case) and the auto brightness and the volume of the bottom speaker are my biggest gripes!
    12-09-2015 07:24 AM
    It's actually really easy to do. You just swipe right to left (for left side), or left to right across the navigation buttons at the bottom of your screen.
    If I'm not wrong that option is present since G3
    12-09-2015 07:26 AM
    The phone have radio FM?
    12-09-2015 07:33 AM
    The phone have radio FM?
    Some variants of the V10 do. I believe the international version does, but as far as I can tell, the US carrier versions have it disabled.
    mlacunza likes this.
    12-09-2015 09:44 AM
    For some time the V 10 was not even on my radar. The reason being Verizon, my carrier. Their network is so much better than plan B here, that they are are the only realistic option. So to avoid the bloatware issues both Verizon and LG, I was focused on the Nexus 6P and the Moto X Pure Edition. The downside to that is not being able to put the thing physically in your hand. Then one day I decided...what the heck and went into the Verizon store I use and asked to see a V 10. One thing I had in my mind was that it was likely too big to fit in the over sized pocket of the shirts I wear. Well to my absolute amazement, it fit. It also blew me away with the feel. The way it felt and the way it still feels is perfect for me. So I have a V 10. I did not plan initially to go that route, but here I am. I have a large personal anti Verizon bias to overcome, so I guess I'll see what gives there. I still will probably buy a Nexus 6P before I settle on the final one for me.

At this point it would be my absolute perfect phone (and Nexus too) if it just had the Nexus software load out (or like the HTC A9 or Moto X Pure) and the 6P fingerprint scanner. To make the 6P perfect it needs the removable battery and phone back, and expandable storage, and the 4 gb memory. In spite of the praise of the 6P camera, it likely can't beat what the V 10 has for a shooter. A lot of people would require a Snapdragon 810 or 820, but the 808 is more than up for whatever I will do with a phone for many many moons. I like the rugged feel and the military shock specs as well. Again the thing feels like it was custom made for my hand.

Praying for Chainfire or somebody to get root.
    sofryj and dayers3 like this.
    12-09-2015 03:10 PM
    I understand your comment...but a couple notes on it. The 2nd screen on the bottom would mean useless space on the top beside the cameras...although bottom is better for reach-ability, I don't think it would improve the phone. Also, the volume key (press down twice) is a physical camera button, so there's that.
    Well the cameras would just move up near the top speaker like all phones have. My point being that the 2nd screen should remain at the bottom, reachable by the thumb when holding the phone. Cool info about the 2x volume camera shutter, but I actually like the camera button for when I give my phone to someone else (who's not familiar with my phone) to just push the snapper button instead of having to explain the 2x volume thing.

The removable battery is great, but I like that feature because I use extended batteries in all my previous phones. But the LG phones negate that feature with their rear buttons.

This V10 is darn close to being the best out there though, just flat-out too big IMO.
    sofryj likes this.
    12-11-2015 02:10 PM
    Well the cameras would just move up near the top speaker like all phones have. My point being that the 2nd screen should remain at the bottom, reachable by the thumb when holding the phone. Cool info about the 2x volume camera shutter, but I actually like the camera button for when I give my phone to someone else (who's not familiar with my phone) to just push the snapper button instead of having to explain the 2x volume thing.

The removable battery is great, but I like that feature because I use extended batteries in all my previous phones. But the LG phones negate that feature with their rear buttons.

This V10 is darn close to being the best out there though, just flat-out too big IMO.
    I have enjoyed having a dedicated camera button on the phones I've had it on, but I do have to say I like having no buttons at all (on the edges) even better. And yes....it's a very large phone. That's great if you're looking for a large phone, not so good if you're not.
    12-11-2015 03:51 PM
    Thanks for the review.

Coming off the Samsung Note Edge, I tried the Moto X Pure Edition, but the glass rises above the edges not only making for a fragile phone when dropped (see complaint on forums) but also messes with my Typing/Swyping as the screen picks up contact at the edges and changes words as I type.

After reading your review, I spent quite some time in the Verizon Store with the Galaxy Note 5 and this phone. I am now going to buy this phone. It's got a hell of a lot to offer and feels organic in my hands and the ease of software, along with how easy it is to set up to my user preferences (without Rooting) was fantastic! I like the Samy Note 5 a lot too ... but there's something about the way the LG V10 works that sold me. It just feels 'right'.

I've read in another forum they make this phone with Dual Sim Card Readers ... so I'm going to find one of those.

Thanks for your review and thanks to everyone else who posted a trick or tip - it helped a lot!
    sofryj likes this.
    12-14-2015 05:09 PM
    2 days with the phone .... and I'm in love.

Several hours of reading, set-up, tweaking the stock system, importing files, downloading files and the rest ... and I've nothing to complain about. Even the battery had 19% with a half-day of screen time at 50%. And my first phone with Speed Charging ... you can almost see the smile on my face, can't you? ! ;- )
    sofryj likes this.
    12-17-2015 02:17 AM
77 1234