An honest review from a fan of the V10

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Great review. I'm debating on getting this phone, i currently have an iphone 5c and want to switch to android. I am worried about how big the phone is, i don't have the biggest hands. The last android phone i had was the galaxy s3 and i hated it, so im nervous about its performance also. Any suggestions?

My hands aren't large by any means, and i really have no trouble handling this phone. That said, I would only really consider this phone if you are looking to get into a large phone / phablet. If you want the big screen, this is a winner.....if you're looking to make your move to android into a more "standard" (whatever that means) size phone, there are lots of other great options for you. What is it you're really wanting out of your new phone?

dayers3

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I would like a large display for watching videos and playing games. I'm want a phone with a good camera nice display decent battery life, something to get me through the day. I don't like cases that much so something that can survive a drop. Quality phone calls, had a big issue with the gs3 with dropping missing texts.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I would like a large display for watching videos and playing games. I'm want a phone with a good camera nice display decent battery life, something to get me through the day. I don't like cases that much so something that can survive a drop. Quality phone calls, had a big issue with the gs3 with dropping missing texts.

Flex 2 has everything you ask for.
It's stunning how durable this phone is. You not have to worry sitting on it or dropping it.

posted via the LG Flex 2

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Based on what you're looking for, the V10 could be a great phone for you. Get one in your hand...... You'll know right away how it feels to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

davcole

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I love most things about the phone. The fingerprint scanner (especially with a case) and the auto brightness and the volume of the bottom speaker are my biggest gripes!

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
For some time the V 10 was not even on my radar. The reason being Verizon, my carrier. Their network is so much better than plan B here, that they are are the only realistic option. So to avoid the bloatware issues both Verizon and LG, I was focused on the Nexus 6P and the Moto X Pure Edition. The downside to that is not being able to put the thing physically in your hand. Then one day I decided...what the heck and went into the Verizon store I use and asked to see a V 10. One thing I had in my mind was that it was likely too big to fit in the over sized pocket of the shirts I wear. Well to my absolute amazement, it fit. It also blew me away with the feel. The way it felt and the way it still feels is perfect for me. So I have a V 10. I did not plan initially to go that route, but here I am. I have a large personal anti Verizon bias to overcome, so I guess I'll see what gives there. I still will probably buy a Nexus 6P before I settle on the final one for me.

At this point it would be my absolute perfect phone (and Nexus too) if it just had the Nexus software load out (or like the HTC A9 or Moto X Pure) and the 6P fingerprint scanner. To make the 6P perfect it needs the removable battery and phone back, and expandable storage, and the 4 gb memory. In spite of the praise of the 6P camera, it likely can't beat what the V 10 has for a shooter. A lot of people would require a Snapdragon 810 or 820, but the 808 is more than up for whatever I will do with a phone for many many moons. I like the rugged feel and the military shock specs as well. Again the thing feels like it was custom made for my hand.

Praying for Chainfire or somebody to get root.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I understand your comment...but a couple notes on it. The 2nd screen on the bottom would mean useless space on the top beside the cameras...although bottom is better for reach-ability, I don't think it would improve the phone. Also, the volume key (press down twice) is a physical camera button, so there's that.

Well the cameras would just move up near the top speaker like all phones have. My point being that the 2nd screen should remain at the bottom, reachable by the thumb when holding the phone. Cool info about the 2x volume camera shutter, but I actually like the camera button for when I give my phone to someone else (who's not familiar with my phone) to just push the snapper button instead of having to explain the 2x volume thing.

The removable battery is great, but I like that feature because I use extended batteries in all my previous phones. But the LG phones negate that feature with their rear buttons.

This V10 is darn close to being the best out there though, just flat-out too big IMO.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well the cameras would just move up near the top speaker like all phones have. My point being that the 2nd screen should remain at the bottom, reachable by the thumb when holding the phone. Cool info about the 2x volume camera shutter, but I actually like the camera button for when I give my phone to someone else (who's not familiar with my phone) to just push the snapper button instead of having to explain the 2x volume thing.

The removable battery is great, but I like that feature because I use extended batteries in all my previous phones. But the LG phones negate that feature with their rear buttons.

This V10 is darn close to being the best out there though, just flat-out too big IMO.

I have enjoyed having a dedicated camera button on the phones I've had it on, but I do have to say I like having no buttons at all (on the edges) even better. And yes....it's a very large phone. That's great if you're looking for a large phone, not so good if you're not.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the review.

Coming off the Samsung Note Edge, I tried the Moto X Pure Edition, but the glass rises above the edges not only making for a fragile phone when dropped (see complaint on forums) but also messes with my Typing/Swyping as the screen picks up contact at the edges and changes words as I type.

After reading your review, I spent quite some time in the Verizon Store with the Galaxy Note 5 and this phone. I am now going to buy this phone. It's got a hell of a lot to offer and feels organic in my hands and the ease of software, along with how easy it is to set up to my user preferences (without Rooting) was fantastic! I like the Samy Note 5 a lot too ... but there's something about the way the LG V10 works that sold me. It just feels 'right'.

I've read in another forum they make this phone with Dual Sim Card Readers ... so I'm going to find one of those.

Thanks for your review and thanks to everyone else who posted a trick or tip - it helped a lot!

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
2 days with the phone .... and I'm in love.

Several hours of reading, set-up, tweaking the stock system, importing files, downloading files and the rest ... and I've nothing to complain about. Even the battery had 19% with a half-day of screen time at 50%. And my first phone with Speed Charging ... you can almost see the smile on my face, can't you? ! ;- )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user