I just want to state mine works very good, usually 95% of the time. When it fails, its usually my mistake of not having finger fully down.

I just had to state this because I see this listed as a complaint sometimes. I just did a really good job of setting it up perhaps. I only wish it was located on the front side at the bottom.
    12-02-2015 09:49 PM
    Took some time to get used to after coming from and iPhone, but I now prefer it on the back. More natural placement. And as much as I enjoy this phone, its fingerprint sensor is pretty weak compared to the iPhone, Galaxy and Nexus 6P. Doesn't really bother me though.
    12-03-2015 05:00 AM
    I agree it's not up to par with Apple's but I've had no trouble with it so far myself. I also like it on the back much more than I thought I would.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 06:02 AM
    My fingerprint scanner has been pretty great. It's missed a few times but I figured it out. When I hit the power button in the back I was removing my finger and placing it back on the button. I found if I just hit the button and left my finger on it I was close to 100%. Since then I've had very few instances of it not working.

Honestly I think it's much better than apples due to the placement. I've found it's as accurate as my 5s was.
    12-03-2015 07:24 AM
    I found that if it wasn't working all that great for you, to pay attention to what positions your finger is hitting when it doesn't work. Then delete and reprogram your fingerprint making sure to use those same positions of your fingertip as well as the typical placements to set it up and it gets more accurate that way.
    12-03-2015 11:17 AM
    Mine also works very well. It works 9/10 times and the time it doesn't work is my fault. I have no complaints with it. I just wish I could use it inside apps without having to use it to unlock the phone.

12-03-2015 11:51 AM
    Mine works perfectly..with or without a case.
    12-03-2015 01:22 PM
    Mine does not work at all of there is a case on it. So I am patiently waiting for Verizon to send an update like att so that I will finally be able to use it.

And before I applyed the case I will agree that the scanner is NOT as good as the iPhone

12-04-2015 05:49 AM
    I think the only reason it seems less accurate (even though its 90+%) is that you don't see the exact placement on the back of the phone and have to feel it out, so sometimes you are off a bit when you hit it rather than it being on the front and having a visual target. That being said, I love the back placement and it is natural, just you will now and then "miss" the target a bit and thus have to try a second time to activate properly. Still so minor that it's not an issue to me.
    12-04-2015 12:31 PM