Hey guys needed some advice from you audiophiles out there that bought the V10. If cost was not an issue what are the best earbuds to use in the V10, comfort and sound?

I was looking at the Shures SE846 but I wanted to ask you guys before I pull the trigger on something like that.

Shure SE846-CL Sound Isolating Earphones with Quad High Definition MicroDrivers and True Subwoofer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIUGW6A...cUvbUpU4871485

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 09:59 AM
    I have Shure 535s with an upgraded cable (makes a big difference), and one thing that stands out with the V10 vs my earlier phones is the richer bass (actually, it sounds better all around). This is just a guess, but one thing to think about is whether the 846 would give you too much bass, although it does let you change filters to modify the sound a bit.

I've tried the 846, and the bass is amazing. If you like the low end, get those. Me, I tend to like the highs and the details, so if I go into the $1000-plus range, I've heard I may be happier with something like Ultimate Ears or the JH Roxanne, both of which are custom-fitted.

As far as comfort, it's hard to beat customs, but you can get Sensaphonics custom sleeves for the 846 - I have them for the 535, and they're a godsend on long-haul flights.

Anything in that price range is going to be great, so my advice would be to think more about the sound signature you like & what music, and less about the V10 - especially because you'll hopefully keep these long after you upgrade to your next phone.
    anon(522296) likes this.
    12-03-2015 10:35 AM
    I have Shure 535s with an upgraded cable (makes a big difference), and one thing that stands out with the V10 vs my earlier phones is the richer bass (actually, it sounds better all around). This is just a guess, but one thing to think about is whether the 846 would give you too much bass, although it does let you change filters to modify the sound a bit.

I've tried the 846, and the bass is amazing. If you like the low end, get those. Me, I tend to like the highs and the details, so if I go into the $1000-plus range, I've heard I may be happier with something like Ultimate Ears or the JH Roxanne, both of which are custom-fitted.

As far as comfort, it's hard to beat customs, but you can get Sensaphonics custom sleeves for the 846 - I have them for the 535, and they're a godsend on long-haul flights.

Anything in that price range is going to be great, so my advice would be to think more about the sound signature you like & what music, and less about the V10 - especially because you'll hopefully keep these long after you upgrade to your next phone.
    Thank you so much!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 05:46 PM