Back cover replacements

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I'm looking for some alternative back cover replacements for the V10 that would maybe add a little more customization like the G4. I wouldn't mind maybe a smooth plain cover in different colors or something compatible with D Brand or SlickWraps. I know about the wireless ones but I don't really see the need for it when quick charging is avsilable. So if you know of any good ones let me know.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I saw a really nice black leather one with qi on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Char...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4872456

Posted via the Android Central App
Funny I just came here to post the same exact link. I wasn't really looking for wireless charging but for $10 and a nice leather finish, I think I'll give these a shot.I'll probably get one in black and white.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017V...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4872456

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well guys the best phone perhaps of 2015 just got even better. Just received my wireless charging cover in the mail. Beware it is coming from overseas and will not have an accurate or any tracking information. It will just arrive randomly in the mail. The build quality is nice but kind of rigid. Definitely less bendy than the original back cover. The fit is also a little on the snug side and may be due to the wireless panel placed or the fact that you only pay $10 for it. But the wireless charging definitely does work and the leather(real or not) does feel nice. I love the contrast of the white back cover to the black front of my V10. I'll report any issues if they arise. uploadfromtaptalk1450762147851.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1450762165238.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1450762177439.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1450762187362.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1450762196714.JPG

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If anyone finds a wireless charging back cover in the AT&T blue v10 color please let me know. been looking for one.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
That looks good @RaRa85

Were you able to determine if it was real leather or 'leatherette'?

I may do that also - maybe in black and white. I'd really prefer it in "Soft-Touch" finish but that preferred skin is always the last to be sold :- (

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That looks good @RaRa85

Were you able to determine if it was real leather or 'leatherette'?

I may do that also - maybe in black and white. I'd really prefer it in "Soft-Touch" finish but that preferred skin is always the last to be sold :- (
I think it's more like "pleather" "leatherette".lol It's only $10 so I guess you can't expect it to be truly genuine but it's not bad. Definitely more rigid than soft touch. But the wireless charging works and the texture looks leather and has a nice feel to it.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one as well. $10 and adds an option if the wireless charging works

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Also access to the fingerprint scanner and volume buttons are not affected. Everything works as intended.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
If anyone finds a wireless charging back cover in the AT&T blue v10 color please let me know. been looking for one.
Unfortunately the only blue color they have available is the dark navy blue variety right now. Hopefully more third party covers become available in the future.

Last edited:

HockeyBeast81

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't mind maybe a smooth plain cover in different colors or something compatible with D Brand or SlickWraps.

I know the topic has kind of focused on the wireless charging back cover however I am interested in skins for the V10 as well. I have contacted D brand and used their device request to request skins for the V10. For those that are interested, here is their response:

"Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately there simply isn’t enough demand to justify the high time and financial costs associated with adding the LG V10 to our portfolio at this time. Sorry about that. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with and have a great day!"

D brand is one of the biggest businesses with regards to skin makers and I cannot find anywhere else that sells skins for our phone.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I know the topic has kind of focused on the wireless charging back cover however I am interested in skins for the V10 as well. I have contacted D brand and used their device request to request skins for the V10. For those that are interested, here is their response:

"Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately there simply isn’t enough demand to justify the high time and financial costs associated with adding the LG V10 to our portfolio at this time. Sorry about that. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with and have a great day!"

D brand is one of the biggest businesses with regards to skin makers and I cannot find anywhere else that sells skins for our phone.
Wow maybe other V10 owners will get in on it or probably already satisfied with their "duraskin" back cover as is. I think it's still early as not many third party covers or skins have been released for the V10 as of yet. I'll keep my eyes on that. I have some ideas for my own custom made look using the original back cover though. I'll post when I get around to it.

HockeyBeast81

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow maybe other V10 owners will get in on it or probably already satisfied with their "duraskin" back cover as is. I think it's still early as not many third party covers or skins have been released for the V10 as of yet. I'll keep my eyes on that. I have some ideas for my own custom made look using the original back cover though. I'll post when I get around to it.

Does the wireless charging work with a case on with this back cover you posted above?

kobrapack99

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's the black one. A few thugs that bother me...when I put in on my spigen charger it makes a high pitched whistle for the first 5 seconds or so. And the depth of the volume down button is more recessed and a bit harder to push because the of the thickness.

It feels really nice though.

Attachments

• 10318.jpg
    10318.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 106

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Beware, some people on XDA are reporting problems with these wireless charging covers, saying they work for a while but eventually die (or even kill the wireless charging on the V10 permanently).

kobrapack99

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Beware, some people on XDA are reporting problems with these wireless charging covers, saying they work for a while but eventually die (or even kill the wireless charging on the V10 permanently).

That's what I'm afraid of. I haven't used it since hearing those noises. Going to wait a while for oem to come down in price

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have found that you have to be careful about positioning and it does make some noise at times but so far still working for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz