Blurry vision

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I use this phone a lot, but I have noticed my vision gets blurry. More so than previous phones. I remember that when I used to use iPad mini a lot I had the same issue. When I started using the note line of phones (note 3 & 4) I didn't notice it as much. So my theory is that amoled screens aren't as hard on my eyes as LCD displays. Am I crazy? Is there any merit to this? Has anyone else noticed this? I'm seriously thinking about trying the nexus 6p because of this.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It gets blurry on me, but that's because I'm 47 and presbyopia is finally catching up with me. How old are you?
I'm 51. I'm not just talking about the screen getting blurry, but when I stop using the phone and go about my business my vision is blurred for quite a while. It seems worse to me than just weeks ago when I was using my note 4. I would just go back and use it had I not also changed carriers to see if I'm imagining things.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I hate to break it to you but it's your age not the phones :p
I'm only digging at you because I'm nearly the same age lol. Yeah, this exact same thing started happening to me about 2 years ago. Some devices make it worse than others but the bottom line is that your eyes are starting to rebel and since you're just starting to notice it now, you're going to discover that in a couple of years you'll notice it no matter what phone you're using. It started on my phone when it first happened and now I get it even on tablets.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I hear you! ☺ trying to resist that age thing. I've even started wearing some reading glasses at times when using the phone to see if it helps. Maybe I am just looking for an excuse to try the nexus 6p though I really do like this phone.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I hear you! ☺ trying to resist that age thing. I've even started wearing some reading glasses at times when using the phone to see if it helps. Maybe I am just looking for an excuse to try the nexus 6p though I really do like this phone.

It's an awesome phone. Won't solve your problem though, I have this issue with all portable devices now. Just get it because you want it ;)

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm 51. I'm not just talking about the screen getting blurry, but when I stop using the phone and go about my business my vision is blurred for quite a while. It seems worse to me than just weeks ago when I was using my note 4. I would just go back and use it had I not also changed carriers to see if I'm imagining things.

Ive experienced this also but I started to experience it a year ago when I had my note 4. I'm 51, this is what happens when you don't have young eyes and you spend any amount of time using an electronic device

Posted via the Android Central App

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I hate to break it to you but it's your age not the phones :p
I'm only digging at you because I'm nearly the same age lol. Yeah, this exact same thing started happening to me about 2 years ago. Some devices make it worse than others but the bottom line is that your eyes are starting to rebel and since you're just starting to notice it now, you're going to discover that in a couple of years you'll notice it no matter what phone you're using. It started on my phone when it first happened and now I get it even on tablets.

I agree!

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just started noticing it with this phone, I'm 43

I was positive it started with this phone until now. This never once happened with my nexus 6 though.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I was positive it started with this phone until now. This never once happened with my nexus 6 though.
That's interesting. The nexus 6 is an amoled screen. The LG v10 is LCD. As stated in my OP I think it's worse on v10 and iPad mini than with note 4 with amoled. Though others seen to have same experience with v10 and note 4. I certainly don't have definitive answer, but I appreciate everyone's responses.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
There's other variables involved like background lighting, screen type, size, display quality. But yeah, older eyes don't agree well with extended viewing on small screens.

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Presbyopia strikes in the 40s. The lens in your eye gradually loses its ability to change its shape to allow for close-up vision. Reading glasses, or, dare I say it, bifocals, are in my future. Yours, too :) The Nexus 6 was bigger, therefore your eyes didn't have to work as hard.

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Presbyopia strikes in the 40s. The lens in your eye gradually loses its ability to change its shape to allow for close-up vision. Reading glasses, or, dare I say it, bifocals, are in my future. Yours, too :) The Nexus 6 was bigger, therefore your eyes didn't have to work as hard.

Ha, I actually have progressive lenses right now. 😃

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm 50+.

Same eye problems started 2 years ago and as others have said .. it's mostly "age".

My eye Dr said to change the angle that I look at the phone every couple screens by holding the phone in different zone's around my head - slightly left, to the right, higher and lower, etc, etc. It's not perfect cure, but it helps quite a bit,.

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm 20. I have 20/20 vision, never had eye problems. Can confirm that when I use my v10 (Same with an iphone) that my eyes end up pretty blurry after long use (10+ minutes) until they can adjust back. Actually saw your post the other day and took my 6p and tested it. Played with it for 15 minutes, eyes were fine. Played with v10 for 15 minutes, eyes got blurry. I tried this at night and during the day. Same room. Seems to happen with more background light and activity going on. So my conclusion was to get off the damn phone for so long lol. If it gave me headaches or something, then I'd no longer use it but it doesn't. So I think you're eyes are fine, it's definitely the screen + long period of use.

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm 20. I have 20/20 vision, never had eye problems. Can confirm that when I use my v10 (Same with an iphone) that my eyes end up pretty blurry after long use (10+ minutes) until they can adjust back. Actually saw your post the other day and took my 6p and tested it. Played with it for 15 minutes, eyes were fine. Played with v10 for 15 minutes, eyes got blurry. I tried this at night and during the day. Same room. Seems to happen with more background light and activity going on. So my conclusion was to get off the damn phone for so long lol. If it gave me headaches or something, then I'd no longer use it but it doesn't. So I think you're eyes are fine, it's definitely the screen + long period of use.

I'm not a doctor, so don't quote me on this. But I wanted to give you my input coming from someone 20 years younger and no issues with vision.

krishereonearth

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
It's not your age, it's the device. I'm a technical writer, which means I use my laptop every day for 8-10 hours (sometimes 12-24 hours when it's crunch time). Yesterday, I got my first smart phone through Google Phi. Yes, my first smart phone ever! I kept waiting for the cost of monthly phone and data to drop to what I consider a reasonable rate ($30 per month) - in fact, I waited 9 years. Anyway, I set up my new Nexus 6p yesterday - configured it, texted friends, downloaded apps, did some troubleshooting - after only 3 hours of use, my vision became super blurry - remember, I use my laptop every day for 8-10 hours. So, I'm on the internet right now looking for a solution, other than limiting my use.

Binxiboobear

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I definitely have to agree it is the device. I have 20/15 vision and I'm in my 30's. I have no other issues and in different lighting it reacts different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12