Battery Life?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my V10 for 10 days but in that time I'm averaging 5+ hours SOT with 13-15 hours up time.

I use Lux for auto brightness, mix of WiFi and cell, 1 gmail account plus 2 other emails on exchange, notifications from quite a few apps (Twitter, slickdeals, XDA, G+, Xbox, etc) that easily total 75+ notifications a day.

Bigger screen than the G4 I had before it but battery life for me is pretty similar.

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have battery saver and auto brightness usually on. I am a heavy user of this device and I am usually getting 18 hours before it's almost dead.

I bought a second battery just in case for work but I have yet to open the package. Coming from the Note 3 the battery in this thing is amazing.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
This phone by far has the best battery life of any Android I have used in recent years. It's almost in the territory of my old Note 2, it was the only phone I have every had that I couldn't kill in a day no matter what I did. I love the V10 so far! Sorry, I haven't paid close attention to screen on time, but it gets used heavily.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm heavy user with voice calls for work. I've been getting about 3.5 to 4.5 hours of screen time. Does not last me the day. I have to recharge throughout the day. Not a big deal during the week but a pain on the weekends.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting 13-15 hours.. I don't wait for my battery to die before I charge it.

Getting about 3 hours of on screen time before it gets to around 20% left

I have a lot of stuff going for work. Two gmail accounts syncing, three twitter accounts, facebook, instagram.

I forgot about Lux, I should try that again.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting around 12+ hours. 8 hours is sitting on my desk at work with WiFi and location turned off. I have no wifi and am at the fringe of a signal so the phone just keeps looking for it's location if I leave it on. The first hour off the charger is heavy use catching up on my games before work. I too usually hook it up to the charger well before it's dead though so this is kind of a guess based on the level before I hook it up. When I hook it up after lunch it's usually around 55% and 5-6 hours off the charger.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is 3 hours on my new LG V10. :( I have the same apps that were on my Note 4. It got about 8 hours. Something is going on with the software on my phone. It gets real hot while draining fast. I suggest people contact LG by email or phone to make them aware of the problem. The more people that contact them the more likely it is that they address it in the next software update. Battery life is the only downside for the V10. The should of added a Ultra Power Saver Mode like in the samsung or extended mode like in HTC phones. The battery saver mode in the LGs don't do anything and don't make a difference.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is 3 hours on my new LG V10. :( I have the same apps that were on my Note 4. It got about 8 hours. Something is going on with the software on my phone. It gets real hot while draining fast. I suggest people contact LG by email or phone to make them aware of the problem. The more people that contact them the more likely it is that they address it in the next software update. Battery life is the only downside for the V10. The should of added a Ultra Power Saver Mode like in the samsung or extended mode like in HTC phones. The battery saver mode in the LGs don't do anything and don't make a difference.

If your phone gets hot and is draining that fast, you have a rogue app. Try using safe mode and see if the phone gets hot.

Also post some screenshots of battery life. Probably be able to identify the issue.

There's nothing wrong with LG's software causing the problem. My V10 gets 5+ hours SOT every day and never gets hot.

jfb151

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I spent about an hour on the phone with T-Mobile trying to return this phone because of it's horrendous battery life, and at the end, when I didn't feel like pulling the trigger on the restock fee, I sat down and looked at some things running. I turned off the T-Mobile Notifications and the battery life has improved a huge amount. Seems like T-Mobile is making the T-Mobile variant horrible. I really like everything else about it.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
What "t-mobile notifications"?

Get Snapdragon Battery Guru. Let it learn your habits for a couple of weeks. See what happens.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I spent about an hour on the phone with T-Mobile trying to return this phone because of it's horrendous battery life, and at the end, when I didn't feel like pulling the trigger on the restock fee, I sat down and looked at some things running. I turned off the T-Mobile Notifications and the battery life has improved a huge amount. Seems like T-Mobile is making the T-Mobile variant horrible. I really like everything else about it.

I agree. The battery is the only thing holding this phone back.

Posted via the Android Central App

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If your phone gets hot and is draining that fast, you have a rogue app. Try using safe mode and see if the phone gets hot.

Also post some screenshots of battery life. Probably be able to identify the issue.

There's nothing wrong with LG's software causing the problem. My V10 gets 5+ hours SOT every day and never gets hot.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a screenshot and noticed a T-mobile app using 15%! Sure enough, after I disable the "T-Mobile My Account" app, my phone is now cool as ICE! :) You would never believe how bad it was. 3 hours was overestimating....maybe 2.5 hours. A regular phone charger couldn't barely charge it. Only a fast charger could and that was a slow charge! geez. Looks like my problem may finally fixed. I also had the apps notification unchecked and 2 widgets created. I don't know what exactly about the T-mobile app, but my phone hasn't got warm since i shut this app down and cleared everything in it! Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-16-17-52-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-16-17-52-45.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2015-12-16-17-34-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-16-17-34-52.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-50-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-50-25.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-49-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-49-05.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I disabled the "T-Mobile My Account" app and my battery life has more than doubled from a hard to believe level to an ok level. Thank goodness! The T-mobile my account is the problem. Disable it.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Completely Stock V10 on Verizon.
Screen locked to 50%.
Same apps, notifications, screen time, data usage and call times as my Galaxy Note Edge .... the G-N-E lasted 6 hours to 19% ... and the V10 lasts 10 hours the first day and 9 hours today.

I am a nut about checking what's running down the battery and had to modify a few of the apps.

The only time I had a "warm" feeling was when the WAZE App and GPS/WiFi was running for 30 minutes while plugged in to the cig-lighter. but it was only "warm", whereas the G-N-E would have gotten quite hot!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I did a screenshot and noticed a T-mobile app using 15%! Sure enough, after I disable the "T-Mobile My Account" app, my phone is now cool as ICE! :) You would never believe how bad it was. 3 hours was overestimating....maybe 2.5 hours. A regular phone charger couldn't barely charge it. Only a fast charger could and that was a slow charge! geez. Looks like my problem may finally fixed. I also had the apps notification unchecked and 2 widgets created. I don't know what exactly about the T-mobile app, but my phone hasn't got warm since i shut this app down and cleared everything in it! Thanks!

Glad you got it figured out.

The seemingly out of control T-Mobile apps were my only hesitation switching to their service. I know they can be disabled but when you are the troubleshooter for all 5 lines on an account, chasing things down can become annoying.

Having said that, no issues yet with the T-Mobile apps on any of our phones. My V10 is running practically perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000